Holiday Inn Auburn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsmax's restaurantburgerold townnice hotelbreakfast buffetquick stopdecent hotel to stayparking lotpenn valleyhotel is centrally locatedrooms are nice and cleanking bedadjacent restauranti highly recommend this hoteloutdoor poolfront desk staffa great stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 November 2011

This Holiday Inn is located right off the freeway (Interstate 80), but once inside the hotel, you would never know it. Nice, spacious lobby, very accommodating desk staff. The king room was very spacious and clean. Not your average Holiday Inn. A central pool area with a large courtyard is just perfect to enjoy that morning cup of coffee and to check on Email. Ample, and convenient parking (large spaces) is a plus.

The in-hotel restaurant, Max's, was the prize surprise. Great food, wait staff, and atmosphere. Don't bother going out to find a restaurant, Max's has it all.

This hotel is a keeper. We will definitely stay here when in the area.

Room Tip: Second floor will give a little less noise. Corner rooms are spacious.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TazTrips
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I stayed overnight at this property during one of my trips to Penn Valley, CA and I was totally impressed with the product but mainly with the staff. Helpful, courteous and pleasant, they all made me feel at home. I wish all properties would be like the H.I. of Auburn.

Thank you all.
Sal Iodice

Room Tip: With the friendly help at the desk there is no need for my help.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We spent two nights in Auburn to enjoy the lovely motorcycle roads in the area. The room was very comfortable and the staff was extra nice. We'll definitely stay at this hotel again. The location was perfect and within easy driving distance of Sacramento.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2011

It was clean, comfortable. The room had numerous extra little amenities I didn't expect- big fluffy towels, nice linens, etc. The pool while not colored with pots of flowers was sparking clean with fresh towels over each lounge chair.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Located about 0.6 miles from the Old Town of Auburn and at the intersection of I-80 and Hwy 49, the hotel is very convenient--and plenty quiet. Our king room was moderately sized, recently decorated, and the bed was very comfortable (choice of firm or soft pillows). We had a fridge, large TV, and free Wi-Fi. I found the front desk staff to be very nice.

The restaurant is average and does not serve free motel-style breakfast, but it has a diverse menu and is convenient if you don't feel like taking the 15-minute walk to find dinner. An In-N-Out Burger is also located just in front (helpful for finding the hotel driveway!). They have an outdoor pool and event facilities.

This was far better than our previous experiences with Holiday Inn!

Room Tip: courtyard rooms have no chance to face I-80
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple