“Wow! Great place to stay!”
Review of Holiday Inn Auburn

Holiday Inn Auburn
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California, United States
“Wow! Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I've stayed here twice and I have to say I love it! When I checked in, tired from a long drive, and got to my GIANT room it was lovely and clean. Big comfy chairs, a large screen t.v. and even a chocolate bar waiting for me (I'm a Premier Member). Super clean and comfy. In addition, there is a really good restaurant right on the premises and...are you ready for this? They have room service. OMG!!! Exhausted and just wanting to veg in my jammies, the thought of finding a decent place to eat just exhausted me more. So I rang the restaurant and within minutes I had a delicious Cobb salad delivered right to my room. I called the front desk and asked for a late checkout and voila! I was able to sleep in and do my paperwork in the morning without worrying about checking out by 11. Can't recommend it highly enough. Front desk folks were friendly. Super quiet so I rested really well. Excellent!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Tesia B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I arrived late without a reservation, and Kevin at the front desk got me checked in quickly and put me in a great clean room! This is a beautiful hotel and I can not say enough about the service. I will definitely stay here again in the future!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank John S
Lincoln, California
Reviewed 11 February 2012

When I checked in, the room was not ready; however, the front desk was very accommadating in providing a room of equal quality and value on the first floor which definity worked out much better for me. All the staff were friendly, professional and accommadating. Clean rooms, even behind the nightstands and at carpet edges which are one of the first things I check to be sure I am obtaining a clean room.

Room Tip: This hotel is doing repairs and upgrading their rooms, so I would ask for an one of the upgraded roo...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Wes1942
Fort Jones, California
Reviewed 18 January 2012

We have stayed here twice (this trip was 2 nights) and they have consistently provided a great stay. We booked a standard, non smoking king size bed. Rooms are large, comfortable, clean and well equipped. We never have to ask for anything. The location is perfect and the staff are extremely helpful, cheerful and polite. Would recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a great place to stay. Wish all hotels across the country could be exactly like this one.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 26 December 2011

We stayed 2 nights so we could attend 2 different festivals in Auburn and Nevada City. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Staff was very friendly and check-in was a breeze. It was a slow time of year so it was very quite. The restaurant has everything you would want on their menu. I would definitely go back and stay again.

Room Tip: Something that faces the courtyard. 3rd floor
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple

Good Value

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Ojai
Reviewed 3 November 2011

This Holiday Inn is located right off the freeway (Interstate 80), but once inside the hotel, you would never know it. Nice, spacious lobby, very accommodating desk staff. The king room was very spacious and clean. Not your average Holiday Inn. A central pool area with a large courtyard is just perfect to enjoy that morning cup of coffee and to check on Email. Ample, and convenient parking (large spaces) is a plus.

The in-hotel restaurant, Max's, was the prize surprise. Great food, wait staff, and atmosphere. Don't bother going out to find a restaurant, Max's has it all.

This hotel is a keeper. We will definitely stay here when in the area.

Room Tip: Second floor will give a little less noise. Corner rooms are spacious.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TazTrips
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
3.1 km away
0.5 km away
Power's Mansion Inn
Power's Mansion Inn
#1 of 3 in Auburn

Been to Holiday Inn Auburn? Share your experiences!