New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersBronze level
Arlington, Virginia
“Met expectations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

I stayed one night as a way point after getting into Sacramento at night and heading up to Tahoe the next day. The hotel is conveniently located right off I-80, In-and-Out burger in the parking lot, walking distance to shopping center with a grocery store, drug store, Starbucks, and more, and a short drive into Auburn.

I had a room on the first floor and it was spacious and clean. My only complaint is that I could hear people walking/running on the floor above. The a/c unit provided a good white noise filter though so I slept just fine.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor for no noise from foot traffic above.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank travelh00

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Moorpark, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

This is a great hotel. I had tried 3 other hotels in this immediate area along the I-80 corridor, but since I found this hotel, I have never returned to any of the others. I come to Auburn by myself about 6 times a year to visit a sick friend. Each time I stay here, I am never disappointed. When I check in, the front desk staff is always friendly. I need help with my luggage, and they always get someone to help me get it to my room at anytime, day or night, and they never expect a tip. They just do it to provide a service to those who need it.

The room is large and beautiful, and always clean! There is a good size work desk which is great to use for my computer, and it has enough plugs to accommodate both my computer and phone charger. Connecting to the free internet is a snap, and the internet speed is very fast. The room also has plenty of lamps for light which I appreciate. I hate going into dimly light hotel rooms at night. The king bed is very comfortable, and I never wake up with a backache. There is a large flat screen TV and a small refrigerator. I appreciate the full length mirror, as well as the large mirror over the shelf with the coffee/tea maker. The bathroom is very well lit, which makes it easy to put on makeup. The shower has a great shower head, and there is instant hot water (within a few seconds) in the bathroom. I have never had a problem in this hotel with the hot water running out.

Because of the inside corridors and the carpeting, the noise level is kept to a minimum. I very seldom hear guests walking or talking outside the room in the hallways. People here seem to be respectful of others around them in the other rooms. Some of the other hotels in the area that I had tried had outside corridors, and it became very noisy starting at 5:30 a..m.

The outside doors of the hotel to the parking lot are kept locked, so I always feel safe and secure entering the hotel alone very late at night. The parking lot is large, and I have never had a problem finding a spot, even late on a Saturday night when I know the hotel is full.

All in all, this is the best place in Auburn or the surrounding areas to stay. I know that some of the other hotels offer a free continental breakfast, but even without that amenity, this hotel beats all others hands down! There is a restaurant onsite, and Inn & Out Burger is next door.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd floor facing the inside courtyard/pool area
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank akajoanie
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

Have to admit wasn't expecting much from this chain based on past experience but was pleasantly surprised. Really friendly staff, nice spacious rooms with v good beds and large flat screen tvs. not too noisy despite its just off the freeway position and a pretty decent restaurant attached (Max's) serving great burgers and larger than life desserts. liked it enough to stay a second night when I could have moved on. good value and would certainly return.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank SciRad
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

I've stayed here twice and I have to say I love it! When I checked in, tired from a long drive, and got to my GIANT room it was lovely and clean. Big comfy chairs, a large screen t.v. and even a chocolate bar waiting for me (I'm a Premier Member). Super clean and comfy. In addition, there is a really good restaurant right on the premises and...are you ready for this? They have room service. OMG!!! Exhausted and just wanting to veg in my jammies, the thought of finding a decent place to eat just exhausted me more. So I rang the restaurant and within minutes I had a delicious Cobb salad delivered right to my room. I called the front desk and asked for a late checkout and voila! I was able to sleep in and do my paperwork in the morning without worrying about checking out by 11. Can't recommend it highly enough. Front desk folks were friendly. Super quiet so I rested really well. Excellent!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Tesia B
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

I arrived late without a reservation, and Kevin at the front desk got me checked in quickly and put me in a great clean room! This is a beautiful hotel and I can not say enough about the service. I will definitely stay here again in the future!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank John S
Lincoln, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

When I checked in, the room was not ready; however, the front desk was very accommadating in providing a room of equal quality and value on the first floor which definity worked out much better for me. All the staff were friendly, professional and accommadating. Clean rooms, even behind the nightstands and at carpet edges which are one of the first things I check to be sure I am obtaining a clean room.

Room Tip: This hotel is doing repairs and upgrading their rooms, so I would ask for an one of the upgraded roo...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Wes1942
Fort Jones, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

We have stayed here twice (this trip was 2 nights) and they have consistently provided a great stay. We booked a standard, non smoking king size bed. Rooms are large, comfortable, clean and well equipped. We never have to ask for anything. The location is perfect and the staff are extremely helpful, cheerful and polite. Would recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a great place to stay. Wish all hotels across the country could be exactly like this one.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
3.1 km away
0.5 km away
Power's Mansion Inn
Power's Mansion Inn
#1 of 2 in Auburn

Been to Holiday Inn Auburn? Share your experiences!