“good Hotel For Business” 4 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Auburn
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
GreenLeadersBronze level
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“good Hotel For Business”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

The staff were very friendly and helpful. When I got to my room and found the air conditioning was not working properly, the staff immediately responded and moved me to a nicer room for my inconvenience.
The restaurant was excellent with a wide variety of available foods and a well-stocked bar. The desserts were delicious.
The hotel is close to many interesting sites in the Auburn area, including some good wineries.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
San Francisco East Bay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

My stay at the Holiday Inn Auburn was a pleasant surprise. I stayed 2 nights for a conference. I was late to book my room. Even though they were sold out of the reserved room block, they put in my reservation and honored the state rate. At the front desk, Amy was very helpful and polite. The room was clean, huge bed, large flat screen TV. Room service was prompt, polite and the food was good. I would definitely recommend the Holiday Inn Auburn and would stay there again if I am in the area. Thank you for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Fresno, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

Great small hotel with a great restaurant. Clean and comfortable rooms. Right off the freeway and close to downtown area and old town. Max's the onsite restaurant serves very good food in large portions. The bakery there is to die for. Would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Tom B
Rancho Mirage, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Auburn, CA on the way to Lake Tahoe from Sacramento. The staff could not have been more friendly. The room was spotless. We didn't eat in the restaurant but the menu was huge and sounded great. Located right off the freeway - easy to find. We will definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room on the side of the building that does not face the freeway.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sjburks
Northern Calif.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Spent one night on our way to Sugar Bowl ski resort. It's the perfect over night stop on your way to Tahoe. It's about an hour or so to north shore ski resorts ( Donner, etc). Room was clean, spacious and quiet.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ilovemypugs
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

I stayed one night as a way point after getting into Sacramento at night and heading up to Tahoe the next day. The hotel is conveniently located right off I-80, In-and-Out burger in the parking lot, walking distance to shopping center with a grocery store, drug store, Starbucks, and more, and a short drive into Auburn.

I had a room on the first floor and it was spacious and clean. My only complaint is that I could hear people walking/running on the floor above. The a/c unit provided a good white noise filter though so I slept just fine.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor for no noise from foot traffic above.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank travelh00
Moorpark, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

This is a great hotel. I had tried 3 other hotels in this immediate area along the I-80 corridor, but since I found this hotel, I have never returned to any of the others. I come to Auburn by myself about 6 times a year to visit a sick friend. Each time I stay here, I am never disappointed. When I check in, the front desk staff is always friendly. I need help with my luggage, and they always get someone to help me get it to my room at anytime, day or night, and they never expect a tip. They just do it to provide a service to those who need it.

The room is large and beautiful, and always clean! There is a good size work desk which is great to use for my computer, and it has enough plugs to accommodate both my computer and phone charger. Connecting to the free internet is a snap, and the internet speed is very fast. The room also has plenty of lamps for light which I appreciate. I hate going into dimly light hotel rooms at night. The king bed is very comfortable, and I never wake up with a backache. There is a large flat screen TV and a small refrigerator. I appreciate the full length mirror, as well as the large mirror over the shelf with the coffee/tea maker. The bathroom is very well lit, which makes it easy to put on makeup. The shower has a great shower head, and there is instant hot water (within a few seconds) in the bathroom. I have never had a problem in this hotel with the hot water running out.

Because of the inside corridors and the carpeting, the noise level is kept to a minimum. I very seldom hear guests walking or talking outside the room in the hallways. People here seem to be respectful of others around them in the other rooms. Some of the other hotels in the area that I had tried had outside corridors, and it became very noisy starting at 5:30 a..m.

The outside doors of the hotel to the parking lot are kept locked, so I always feel safe and secure entering the hotel alone very late at night. The parking lot is large, and I have never had a problem finding a spot, even late on a Saturday night when I know the hotel is full.

All in all, this is the best place in Auburn or the surrounding areas to stay. I know that some of the other hotels offer a free continental breakfast, but even without that amenity, this hotel beats all others hands down! There is a restaurant onsite, and Inn & Out Burger is next door.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd floor facing the inside courtyard/pool area
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank akajoanie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
3.1 km away
0.5 km away
Power's Mansion Inn
Power's Mansion Inn
#1 of 2 in Auburn

Been to Holiday Inn Auburn? Share your experiences!