“Great day trip!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Book In Advance
Top Rated
US$134.49*
and up
Catalina Island Day Trip from Anaheim or Los...
Ranked #16 of 55 things to do in Avalon
More attraction details
Owner description: Offers information on this popular tourist destination.
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great day trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

While visiting Long Beach, my wife and I took a day trip to Catalina Island. We had a great time! We couldn't have asked for any better weather. We did some shopping, eating, then chilled on the beach with a few drinks in some rented lounge chairs overlooking the beautiful bay. This would be a nice quiet place to visit for a few days as well.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank firstplaceace

Marshall, Missouri
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Over priced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

It has been a few years since I visited but even then I thought the entire place was over priced. It's a nice view and all but I guess I'm just not into paying so much money for so little. I think this place is more for people to try and show off how much money they have (or want people to think they have).

Visited July 2011
2 Thank sonyak81
Redwood City, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“I had no idea there was so much to see and do on this little island.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

There's something for everyone here--restaurants, hiking, botanical garden, museum, beaches, fishing, camping, biking, golfing, tennis, and more. If possible, it's best to purchase a package deal that includes round-trip reservation on the express boat ride over and one or two nights in a hotel on or near the waterfront. I say this after our one day whirlwind visit. We also had sunny, warm weather and uncrowded conditions contributing to our near perfectl visit. Once we arrived on the island, we hiked to the Wrigley Memorial and Botanical Garden which was a 1 1/2 mile gradual incline. However, there was no food or drink available the day we were there, so after the hike up, we were very hungry and thirsty. We then headed straight down the mountainside for one of the wharfside restaurants. After that, we headed for the Catalina Island Museum in the casino building. Along the path to the museum, we enjoyed the colorful tile murals that tell the history of Santa Catalina. Inside the museum, we saw a video of the island's colorful history, objects and pictures that revealed the native American history as well as the the island's glamorous past when the the Chicago Cubs held spring training and Hollywood stars escaped on their yachts. We had a few minutes to walk around the village waiting for the express boat trip back, savoring the delights of this serendipitous visit. We saw a lot in a short time, but there are so many more things to do there that I can't wait to go back.

Visited January 2012
5 Thank 1linvogel
Chehalis
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Nice people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2011

Very informative and nice to deal with. Lots of things to offer people

Visited February 2011
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Beautiful Catalina Island”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

My family and I visited Catalina Island the week before Thanksgiving 2011. We found a reduced rate for the boat trip online and enjoyed the 2 hour ride. When we arrived, we used a coupon for golf cart rental and spent 2 hours traveling around the island. The next coupon that we used was for 18 holes of minature golf. The coupon was for buy one
get one free. The island was very beautiful and we have many pictures to help remember
our trip to Catalina island. I would highly suggest using the internet to help plan your trips
and help to save money at attraction such as Catalina.

Visited November 2011