All reviews king suite homemade granola wicker room day bed other guests bed and breakfast light appetizers charming b b catalina island living room breakfast was delicious great suggestions cocktail hour both mornings place to stay crackers each morning
Reviewed April 4, 2017

Convenient to the ferry landing and the shopping area along the harbor, but just enough off the tourist path. Kathleen provided wonderful hospitality: delicious breakfasts, wine and snacks in the late afternoon. Her knowledge of the island is deep and she had interesting stories and insights to share. Accomodated my husband's vegetarian quirks and arranged for a massage. We enjoyed our stay very much!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 46Elizabeth53
Reviewed February 20, 2017 via mobile

We came on a cold rainy day/night.. Not the best for touring Catalina. That being Said, the Inn was lovely and cozy. Kathleen the owner was wonderful and took great care of us. We were upgraded to the king room and had lovely wine and cheese at night and an amazing breakfast in the morning. Great location and overall we were tickled pink with Inn!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank beckagiles
Reviewed February 5, 2017

All the important things about the facility were perfect. The extra benefit was the historical education I received. The owner was a 4th generation resident who enjoys her home and enjoys her guests. When I arrived the owner was there with a tour of the house which her family has owned for almost 40 year. Her mother had run the historical home for many years prior to Kathleen's execellent stewardship. After the tour I was shown to my room; an explanation of the features of the room was given; and I was given time to relax prior to late after wine and cheese. A map was annotated with restaurant suggestions. And Kathleen spoke about some of the activities that would be available the following 2 days that I would be in Avalon.
I could not have had a better stay in Catalina. Where you stay on a vacation really does count. The Old Turner Inn and Kathleen made my time on Catalina memorable.

Room Tip: Any room that is still available if worth booking
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dwalker63
Reviewed January 17, 2017

This is a bed and breakfast located just a block from the stores and dock (if you arrive by Catalina Express), built in 1927 so it blends with the rest of the buildings on the island. Our host Kathleen was excellent and made sure our visit was a memorable one. She shared many wonderful stories about the Inn and Catalina Island history, (her father lives across the street and is 100 years old). Each morning breakfast was ready at 9am and was very, very good. Her coffee is especially good. The 5:30 pm meet and greet with wine and a delicious snack (each night was different). We rented the King Suite and thoroughly enjoyed every minute we spent in it, (the bed was very comfortable). The room has a fire place and balcony that has a day bed for kids (if you decide to bring them along). I would recommend staying there if the bed and breakfast experience is for you.

Room Tip: All the room are upstairs, (no elevator).
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Reggie B
Reviewed July 16, 2016

Roger and Kathleen were excellent hosts. They know the island well and offered many helpful suggestions. The accommodations were comfortable, and we really enjoyed meeting the other guests during the wine and appetizer hour each afternoon. Altogether, we had a very good experience at The Old Turner Inn. We look forward to returning to Catalina and The Old Turner Inn. We wholeheartedly recommend The Old Turner to anyone who seeks a great location and warm hospitality on Catalina Island.

Room Tip: We were in the king suite, which was roomy.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple