All reviews king suite homemade granola seashell room day bed other guests bed and breakfast light appetizers charming b b sun room bread pudding baked eggs great stories living room catalina island breakfast was delicious enclosed porch place to stay
Reviewed February 16, 2018 via mobile

Kathleen and her merry support crew run a delightful B&B here. Service, cleanliness, hospitality, even the fit and finish of the small decor touches – – all of this is as near perfect as could be.

We stayed in the King Suite, a beautiful room with an enclosed porch featuring a daybed pair for my daughter and my niece.

This was exactly what a family lodging should be! Well-appointed, close to the harbor and smack dab in the middle of Avalon’s heart.

Kathleen’s obvious love for the house and the business are there to see. Her fascinating family has run this place for decades...long may they do so!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
OldTurnerInn, General Manager at The Old Turner Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2018

Thank you so much for the fantastic review. It was fun to have you and your family here! Loved your enthusiasm, and how you all got to know everybody. And kudos to you for doing the high ropes course with the girls! Hope to see you all back again soon. Kathleen

Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I stayed for a night at The Old Turner Inn and loved our experience. Kathleen is knowledgeable, warm, and friendly (I left my wallet behind and she is mailing it to me) and provides you with a number of activities and recommendations during your stay on the island. Breakfast is warm and delicious and in the evening there are appetizers and wine. It’s in the perfect walking location to the main drag and the rooms are cozy. We stayed in the Queen Suite and it had a fire place!! Would love to stay here again.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2017

We stayed two nights over Thanksgiving weekend at the Old Turner Inn and had a great time! We had the Queen Suite and enjoyed having the extra space in the sun room. The inn was an easy walk from the pier and very conveniently located close to all the restaurants on the main drag. We loved the breakfast that Kathleen served us (along with her homemade granola) and also enjoyed the wine and light appetizers in the evening. This was our first time on Catalina Island, but we already know that we'll be back and we'll be staying again at the Old Turner Inn!

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2017

My husbands grandparents lived on Catalina in the 50's and 60's. We went there for our anniversary but also to do some family research. It was a great time and Kathleen at the Old Turner Inn was SO helpful. Great breakfast's got us fueled for our days of walking and talking. We will definitely go again!

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
OldTurnerInn, Manager at The Old Turner Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2017

Thanks so much. It was so fun to have you hear and learn about your family history!
Oh, I forgot to tell you, another woman I know is aware of the crashing truck story. Give me a call sometime and I will tell you about it!
Kathleen

Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I chose the Old Turner Inn for our honeymoon and had a lovely stay. On arrival, we were greeted by Kathleen who chatted with us for a bit and gave some recommendations of things to do in Avalon. She was friendly and approachable and had some great suggestions. Appetizers at 5pm were simple but yummy...crackers with cream cheese and delicious jam, tomatoes with cheese and herbs, etc. Kathleen even went out of her way to provide some gluten free options for my husband.

The breakfasts were fresh and filling. We had a variety of foods such as quiche, bacon, fresh fruit, muffins, croissants with jams, avocado, Kathleen's homemade granola, orange juice, tea and coffee. Yum!! The meals varied based on the day, and we got to try a couple different things since we stayed for 4 days.

We had the king suite which was quaint, spacious, and filled with light. It had an attached sun room with a day bed, table with chairs, and sitting chair. There was a wardrobe and dresser, a comfy king bed (I actually got really good sleeps on it), and a fireplace. Kathleen had left a sweet note and flowers congratulating us on our marriage.

Our room was very quiet (except for the occasional car passing by outside). The only time we heard someone in the hall was when room service came by in the late morning/early afternoon. I don't recall the exact time, but it wasn't too early in my opinion. I might have heard voices/footsteps from the other guests once or twice, but in summation, it was very quiet and relaxing overall.

I would definitely recommend the Old Turner Inn. It has lots of charm, a kind and friendly in keeper, and is just steps away from the shops and restaurants.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anna J

Thanks Anna! So glad that you got to stay with us for your honeymoon. Hope to see you next year for your anniversary!
Kathleen