I found this hotel on hotels.com and then went to their website to check it out. If you plan on booking a room, I would recommend calling in instead of booking online; this saved us about $10. Roger was friendly and he recommended a room that would suit our needs when we called. Upon arrival, he was kind enough to upgrade us to a larger room with a king bed instead of a queen for the same price (The Garden Room) and give us a quick tour of the room.
The hotel is in a good location, and it is quieter than some of the other hotels that are next to the restaurants and bars. There was a nice view from the deck, and it had lounge chairs, a table, and BBQ.
Definitely get a room with a jacuzzi tub if you are staying here. It is relaxing and romantic. Our bed was comfortable and we liked having the mini refrigerator. Our only complaint was the heating unit which cycled on and off. It eventually stayed on after my husband fiddled with the cord and turned it up pretty high.
The continental breakfast was available for a long time (I think from 7-10:30). There were bagels, cold cereals, milk, yogurt, orange juice, coffee, and individually wrapped pastries. It is served on a covered rooftop deck. We noticed that the door to "The Loft" room opened into this area and I can imagine that it could be noisy in the room if a lot of people are eating out on the deck. In our case, we were the only ones there. However, if you like to sleep in, maybe consider booking another room. If you're up early, then no problem.
I don't think that they have room to store your luggage after checkout (11am), but there are lockers near the ferry dock where you can store things for 24 hours for a dollar. We did this and didn't have any problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seacrest Inn is a conveniently located hotel on Catalina Island with accommodations for every budget. Each room at our Catalina Island hotel is decorated in a different theme and most have soaking or spa tubs with showers. Our guests are welcome to enjoy the covered rooftop patio which offers a secluded place to read or enjoy a cool drink. A sundeck with ocean views is available for guests. The Seacrest Inn on Catalina Island is a perfect destination for romantic getaways, adventure travelers and those looking for a convenient Avalon hotel just steps from the beach and the attractions of Avalon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca and getaroom.com so you can book your Seacrest Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalina Island Seacrest Hotel Avalon
- Seacrest Inn Catalina Island, CA - Avalon