See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. We liked the location being near LA and believed the pictures. BIG MISTAKE! The pictures must be from 100 years ago! It is filthy, stinks of smoke( in non-smoking room), had NO hair dryer, no iron, no ironing board and their so called continental breakfast was a bag of mini-donuts that they opened up and put on a paper plate! Non of the outlets worked except in the bathroom. We were suppose to stay longer but got a few hours of sleep and headed out as soon as possible. Please don't waste your time or money on this place.

Room Tip: Anywhere but here!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ROSE D
Reviewed September 13, 2013

When we arrived, the one person on staff didn't have my reservation, or a computer to look it up. He had to call the manager, and they just had me write down my name and confirmation number (I'd already paid for the room) and would take care of it later. The staff member was VERY nice and even brought a microwave to our room for us. He was kind and accommodating. That's about all I can say about the place, though. The hotel grounds look as if they it might be under construction... or has been for some time. The pool was closed, but the signs indicating such appeared to be rather old. The common area floors were filthy. The elevator's permit expired in 2008. The worst part? The room itself appeared to have only been given a quick clean of the visible areas. As we were looking for an outlet, we found that under the beds, there was a very thick layer of dust, dirt and debris -- I found cereal, a lighter and other garbage and the dirt... it looked like nobody has vacuumed under the beds....ever. Like EVER. The bathrooms appeared to have had some fairly recent updates, though nothing special. The beds were horrible. I got no sleep at all. It was like sleeping on a piece of plywood. Yes, there is also significant traffic and road noise. this hotel is located right off a freeway exit and on a busy street. turning on the fan can help drown out some of that noise, but not much. We left before the breakfast was served. When we went to check out at about 5:30am, nobody was at the desk and even though we rang the bell, nobody showed up. We only saw about 5 cars in the parking lot... I suspect there weren't that many guests staying that night.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The outside of the hotel is terrible! But, I don't hold judgement there and did stay at the hotel. First, the "computers" were down, so they did not have my reservation.

Pro: the room was clean, the staff nice.
Cons: the bed was so old that springs were all I felt (and I only weigh 120 lbs). I could not even sleep! The room only had 2 working plugs which the TV and fridge were using. The second outlet in each socket was broken. Fortunately, the bathroom had a safe outlet that I charged my phone on (which meant I had to get up to find out how much more of the night I had to endure!). There was soo much noise from outside (loud traffic), and from the floor above me. This lasted ALL night.
Additionally, the pool was supposedly closed- what I was told, but there were people in it every night when I returned.
I would not recommend this hotel, nor will I return.

Room Tip: You can get rooms with a fridge...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2012

''Staying in cloud 9'' During our family's stay at this fine hotel, the management has been amiable and hospitable. The cleaning crew has kept our room in pristine condition. I once had misplaced expensive clothing which the cleaning crew had waiting for me with management. Our room has been free of pests, well conditioned, and internet accessible. It's a safe and great place to stay when you want the most value for your dollar.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms overlook local canyons and sunset.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This hotel is a very nice place to stay. The management is very nice and works with you. I had a very nice room with a view of the San Gabriel Mountains, which is beautiful in the morning. Its close to many good restaurants and is located right off the 210 fwy. i stayed here almost 2 weeks and is was very relaxing. thank you to the management for the hospitality. would recommend to anyone staying in San Gabriel Valley.....

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sgvangel
Jay_137, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Azusa, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you for the comment. I would like to add that most of our guest like our big rooms, free continental breakfast and our balcony rooms. We just renovated our bathrooms and I can assure you although we are a limited service, you'd enjoy the comfort and cleanliness we offer.