See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 16, 2015

I have stayed at this hotel while I worked for another company (they were paying the bill), now I own my own company and am looking for a hotel to stay at once a month when I go to Alamosa. It had been 7 years since I stayed there, they may have repainted but it is still the same sloppy service, same run down place. When I arrived I was greeted rudely, the first room they gave me was occupied, which showed me they have a lack of organization. The second room was not cleaned, no towel in the bathroom, bathroom was dirty, I called the front desk they did not answer the phone, I left a message, 30 minutes later I went down to the front desk and had to look for an employee to get towel. When I finally received the towels there was no apology. I will never stat here again, I slept in my cloths, I did not sleep well, they only reason I did not check out and look for another hotel was that it was so late when I arrived.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Edward S
Reviewed August 11, 2015

i do not know why there are so many negative reviews.Great location,clean room& bathroom,front desk person is not annoying,not asking million of questions,had a good night sleep,and it cost me less than 60$ per night,if you picky&spoilt person go somewhere else

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2015

I booked this place on line,, when I arrived they did not have my reservations . But I showed them my paper work and the lady still could not read it... Anyway while this was going on my wife looked at the breakfast eating area and it was dirty..... So anyway we get to our room and although it looked clean at first, the nightstand table was dirty , someone had left ketchup on it and you could tell they had had a drink on it. Very little cleaning goes on here. But they have long term guests who are probably people most of us don't want to be around. The price was low, but so is this 1950's place.

Room Tip: no room here is a good room
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2015

I've read the other reviews and have no idea what went wrong for these guests. We are two Australians who frequently travel in the States, and have now stayed at the Grizzly Inn 4 times. Each time the room was perfectly clean, and was excellent value for money, being spacious, two double beds, fridge and microwave, television of course, bathtub. We found it to be amazingly quiet given its proximity to the highway. Matt the desk clerk/ main man is really good fun and will do all he can to help. Similarly the bevy of laundry boys are friendly and helpful.
The room cost us less than $70 US dollars per night. This seemed very cheap to us for what we were getting.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2015

I should've known the way the reception looked like! I had to change the first room simply because it was filthy. Old sheets in both beds and the towels were used hanging in the hooks. The second wasn't any better but since it was so late I stayed...the first night ever I slept in a motel with my clothes on and couldn't wait to leave, didn't even take a coffee in the morning. I have stayed in most bizarre places in my travels, but this was the worst. It seems that the staff is just too fed up with what they have to do, which surely shows and that they just don't bother.....ughhh, never again!!!!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo