“Worst Place to Stay in Alamosa”
Review of Grizzly Inn

Grizzly Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alamosa
Grizzly Inn
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Alamosa
Reviewed 18 August 2015

This motel was one of those seedy nightmare motels you see depicted on travel commercials. The lady at the front desk seemed really put out that we were even checking in. The "breakfast area" consisted of two tables, a waffle iron, and two dispensaries of cereal.

When we finally got our key, we went to our room. The building where the rooms are looked like a dorm complex. Judging by the office/front desk area, I wanted to check out the room before bringing my belongings up the stairs. I was right to do so. Walking in the door, the room smelled like it was soaked in human urine. I was afraid to touch the beds and wouldn't let my kids touch anything in the room. The microwave and mini-fridge looked like they were purchased fourth-hand from the Adams State University dorms. The room said non-smoking, but it sure didn't seem like it from the burn marks in the carpet and the table in the room.

The room next door had seven men staying in it. The "staff" was hanging around the bottom floor, just talking. We went back to the front desk and complained about the smell and asked for a different room. They claimed they were completely booked and ended up cancelling the reservation. The "manager" stated that he had been working on the carpet in that room. It still needs work!

The other hotels nearby looked just as bad. Stay on the east side of the Rio Grande river in Alamosa!

Room Tip: Just don't stay here. Find a hotel on the east side of the Rio Grande River.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank COTraveler3310

Reviewed 16 August 2015

I have stayed at this hotel while I worked for another company (they were paying the bill), now I own my own company and am looking for a hotel to stay at once a month when I go to Alamosa. It had been 7 years since I stayed there, they may have repainted but it is still the same sloppy service, same run down place. When I arrived I was greeted rudely, the first room they gave me was occupied, which showed me they have a lack of organization. The second room was not cleaned, no towel in the bathroom, bathroom was dirty, I called the front desk they did not answer the phone, I left a message, 30 minutes later I went down to the front desk and had to look for an employee to get towel. When I finally received the towels there was no apology. I will never stat here again, I slept in my cloths, I did not sleep well, they only reason I did not check out and look for another hotel was that it was so late when I arrived.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Edward S
Reviewed 11 August 2015

i do not know why there are so many negative reviews.Great location,clean room& bathroom,front desk person is not annoying,not asking million of questions,had a good night sleep,and it cost me less than 60$ per night,if you picky&spoilt person go somewhere else

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2015

I booked this place on line,, when I arrived they did not have my reservations . But I showed them my paper work and the lady still could not read it... Anyway while this was going on my wife looked at the breakfast eating area and it was dirty..... So anyway we get to our room and although it looked clean at first, the nightstand table was dirty , someone had left ketchup on it and you could tell they had had a drink on it. Very little cleaning goes on here. But they have long term guests who are probably people most of us don't want to be around. The price was low, but so is this 1950's place.

Room Tip: no room here is a good room
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2015

I've read the other reviews and have no idea what went wrong for these guests. We are two Australians who frequently travel in the States, and have now stayed at the Grizzly Inn 4 times. Each time the room was perfectly clean, and was excellent value for money, being spacious, two double beds, fridge and microwave, television of course, bathtub. We found it to be amazingly quiet given its proximity to the highway. Matt the desk clerk/ main man is really good fun and will do all he can to help. Similarly the bevy of laundry boys are friendly and helpful.
The room cost us less than $70 US dollars per night. This seemed very cheap to us for what we were getting.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2015

I should've known the way the reception looked like! I had to change the first room simply because it was filthy. Old sheets in both beds and the towels were used hanging in the hooks. The second wasn't any better but since it was so late I stayed...the first night ever I slept in a motel with my clothes on and couldn't wait to leave, didn't even take a coffee in the morning. I have stayed in most bizarre places in my travels, but this was the worst. It seems that the staff is just too fed up with what they have to do, which surely shows and that they just don't bother.....ughhh, never again!!!!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Hannu L
Reviewed 12 December 2013

This place is 'newly renovated' The renovations were half assed and pretty hilarious, they left the linoleum on one wall and painted the other, in the bath, They retiled the tub, but forgot to replace the fixtures which were leaking fairly heavily, They may have also left the old tub surround in place and tiled over it, I couldn't really tell but the tile looked weird. It's pretty much the cheapest place in Alamosa and not worth the price but if you're there that's the option.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple