See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 24, 2015

Sorry for the dramatic headline, but I can't overstate how bad this place is. The Grizzly Inn is very cheap, but don't let that sway you. The staff is terribly unfriendly and unhelpful. I was greeted by a "Hello....what?" When I walked in, should have been my first clue. The room stunk of stale cigarettes, the room was dirty, the door to the room and the bathroom didn't open or close properly, and needed a ram from the shoulder to the get them open. The place is very sketchy and does not feel safe at all. The hours state the office opens at 6am, but at 7:15 the doors were still locked and I was unable to turn in my key to check out. It was by far the worst experience I've ever had at a hotel/motel. If you're at all thinking about this hotel, please just don't do it to yourself. The cheap price is not at all worth it.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
4  Thank Brian S
Reviewed September 10, 2015

our room was nice and big with a frig and microwave but that was the best part of the experience there...the floor to the bathroom was wet...the shower dripped all night and could not be turned completely off...the carpet was dirty...
the staff was nice but the breakfast was just cereal and the waffle machine...we chose to eat else where...

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2015

I had booked a room online here during a busy weekend. We had never stayed there, thought we would give it a try because the rates were low. We arrived in town early, stopped by to see if we could check in early. The front desk area was so dirty and it was the area where the continental breakfast was going to be held. The smells and dirt turned me off right away. I went outside, spoke w/my husband on what to do. I went back in to cancel the reservation, but couldn't raise the clerk for a second time. So, I went back out to the car and cancelled the reservation on time! Wow, I can only think what the rooms looked like if the front desk was terrible!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Anna M
Reviewed August 18, 2015

This motel was one of those seedy nightmare motels you see depicted on travel commercials. The lady at the front desk seemed really put out that we were even checking in. The "breakfast area" consisted of two tables, a waffle iron, and two dispensaries of cereal.

When we finally got our key, we went to our room. The building where the rooms are looked like a dorm complex. Judging by the office/front desk area, I wanted to check out the room before bringing my belongings up the stairs. I was right to do so. Walking in the door, the room smelled like it was soaked in human urine. I was afraid to touch the beds and wouldn't let my kids touch anything in the room. The microwave and mini-fridge looked like they were purchased fourth-hand from the Adams State University dorms. The room said non-smoking, but it sure didn't seem like it from the burn marks in the carpet and the table in the room.

The room next door had seven men staying in it. The "staff" was hanging around the bottom floor, just talking. We went back to the front desk and complained about the smell and asked for a different room. They claimed they were completely booked and ended up cancelling the reservation. The "manager" stated that he had been working on the carpet in that room. It still needs work!

The other hotels nearby looked just as bad. Stay on the east side of the Rio Grande river in Alamosa!

Room Tip: Just don't stay here. Find a hotel on the east side of the Rio Grande River.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank COTraveler3310
Reviewed August 16, 2015

I have stayed at this hotel while I worked for another company (they were paying the bill), now I own my own company and am looking for a hotel to stay at once a month when I go to Alamosa. It had been 7 years since I stayed there, they may have repainted but it is still the same sloppy service, same run down place. When I arrived I was greeted rudely, the first room they gave me was occupied, which showed me they have a lack of organization. The second room was not cleaned, no towel in the bathroom, bathroom was dirty, I called the front desk they did not answer the phone, I left a message, 30 minutes later I went down to the front desk and had to look for an employee to get towel. When I finally received the towels there was no apology. I will never stat here again, I slept in my cloths, I did not sleep well, they only reason I did not check out and look for another hotel was that it was so late when I arrived.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business