1,046 results
All reviewsbutler serviceoxygen loungechampagne saberingremede spamary patchefs clubski shoplobby barbeautiful hotelturn down servicein townshadow mountainconcierge deskluxury hotellittle nellone bedroom suiteski gear
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I recently spent a week at the St Regis 12-14-21st. They were working very hard to finish up with the remodel. We were placed in a remodeled room on the 4th floor. Half the floor still had rooms being working on the other half (ours), the rooms were finished.

First let me speak to the remodel. The design is nice and classy, but not really what you would expect for a ski (western) resort. It had Asian themes, which were cool, but seemed out of place. They really spent a lot of attention on the bathrooms. They are bigger and first class. My biggest gripe on the rooms is the minimal closet space. We were there for a week and are big skiers. The size of the closets to accommodate your ski gear and going out clothes was not sufficient.

Outside. They only had one outdoor hot tub open. Really. We skied hard (blacks) every day. A Hot Tub afterwards is a must. To only have one open was ridiculous. They did remedy this by comping us for the Hot Tub in the Spa...but half the fun of skiing is Hot Tubbing afterwards outside. Also, we have been to other high-end ski resorts and most of them have bar service in the Hot Tub. That would have been nice.

Lobby. The lobby remodel is great. The fireplace and bar area were nicely done. That being said they have now offered board games and the like in the lobby, so every time we thought about hanging out there it was full of families with kids. Not really an adult place to hang for apres.

Restaurant. We only had breakfast in the restaurant. The room is kind of cavernous, but it was pleasant enough. A special thanks to Maria (hostess). She was very pleasant and accommodating. Always smiling and thoughtful.

Butler Service. Austin, who is new, was great. He did his best to make you feel special and was very helpful.

Ski Valet. The team down there is AWESOME. Very helpful and gave guidance on good runs and runs that had decent snow (snow is an issue this year). A special thanks to Austin in Ski Valet. We loved seeing you (almost every day) and your special tips and care were really appreciated!

Hotel. As I said they were still working on the remodel while we were there and there were some issues. They had trouble with hot water being turned off, an electrical outage (we were on the slopes during this so it did not affect us), noise from contractors, etc....The location is great (only a block from the buses if you want to hit the other mountains) and easy walks to Restaurants.

Housekeeping. Turn down was fantastic....although they missed us a couple of times...:(

All is all it was a great trip. This is my second time to St Regis, as we like to hit different areas to west every year. We expected there to be some glitches, as the hotel gets up to speed, so we weren't that upset about anything. I am sure as the season progresses they will get it together. What really makes the St Regis is the Staff. Everyone was courteous and helpful. Of course, we were on vacation and in great spirits. Some guests, who are just so picky, were really rude to some of the staff, because of the glitches I mentioned. But the staff didn't flinch and did everything they could to accommodate and make the experience special. One more shout out to Danielle (sp?) on the front desk. You can't blame Austin for being sick all the time...lol

One last thing. If you ski Highlands and you want a FANTASTIC lunch experience....got to Cloud 9 Bistro. We went three times in our week. We love it there and quite frankly it is one of the reasons we go back to Aspen. My wife told me not to write this part so we can still get reservations...lol...

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
hotel1Aspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2012

Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this very detailed account of your recent stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. We certainly appreciate the feedback we receive from all our guests as it assists us in improving our service standards. And, it's nice to hear what our guests are saying about the renovation.
We are extremely sorry for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with regard to the construction noise, the hot water and the electrical outage. We did our utmost to minimize the impact of the renovation on our guests and we truly appreciate your understanding.
We would also like to thank you for your kind words about our entire staff and in particular the four associates you mentioned. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with all of them.
We value your repeat business and hope that we may welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed January 9, 2012

The St. Regis in Aspen is a fabulous place. Afetr reading previous reviews I was very wary. We arrived on Christmas eve and stayed for 5 niights. You could tell the staff was working extra hard to improve everyones experience. The food was great especially the breakfast,the bar area was lively which made service a little slow,but so be it. The renovation is awesome, especially the gym. Only one hottub working [ a minor inconvenience]. the location for skiing is great. All we needed was some fresh snow.

Room Tip: Ask for the renovated ones.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Dear St. Regis Aspen Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. We are pleased that you chose to spend your Christmas holiday with us and that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry about the hot tubs, however, and apologize for that inconvenience. Now, if only we could have done something about the snow!
I hope that we may welcome you back as it would be a pleasure to have you as our guests once again.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

The location could not be better, and the service was wonderful. I only wish there was more options for food at the hotel. The restuarant is your standard hotel restaurant layout, which is suitable for breakfast but lacks an intimate environment for dinner. With so many options of restuarants in Aspen, you will want to leave the hotel anyways. The lobby lounge was cozy, and again good service; a great place to start your night with a cocktail. If you stay at the St. Regis Aspen, you must try their Spa out, it was amazing. The oxygen room was a nice touch too. I did not find an outdoor hot tub though, which I personally enjoy after a long day skiing or hiking. All and all, The St. Regis Aspen is worth staying at if you have the $$$$.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TioJasao

Dear St. Regis Aspen Guest,

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort and that you found the service to be wonderful.
As you may or may not be aware, our renovation includes the addition of a new signature restaurant which is scheduled to be open in early June. If your travels bring you back to the St. Regis or Aspen after that time, I hope you will get a chance to try it out.
I am sorry though that you were not able to find the outdoor hot tubs so you could enjoy them after a hard day of skiing.
Thank you for your time and for posting your comments.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

The hotel is located in a nice area close to the ski lifts. The lobby is really nice and cozy. The restaurant we couldn't try because it's closed on Sun and Mon!!!!
The rooms are nice but a bit small for my taste.
The major problem is that everything takes extremely long. From luggages to housekeeping. I was also not happy with the cleanliness of the rooms. The tub in my room was not cleaned after I had used it the night before.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
hotel1Aspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2012

Dear St. Regis Aspen Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. I am pleased to hear that you really enjoyed the hotel's newly renovated lobby and rooms (albeit small), but am truly sorry to hear that you experienced challenges with housekeeping and receiving your luggage and that the service did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and will certainly take it into consideration.

I hope that we may welcome you back again at another time so that we may have an opportunity to restore your faith in us.

S. Geray

Reviewed January 3, 2012

OK I really wanted to like this place, but it was sub par at best.
I don't want to bore with all the details, but a synopsis is warranted.

Turndown - asked for it, didnt get it first night. Second night, received turn down with no chocolates, no replenished shampoo/products.

PBX/Telephone operator - Rude, forgot our request for a toothbrush, called back 20 minutes later, and she replied " oh yea, what did you want again? " Verbatim....

Housekeeping - Consistantly forgot to replenish our products... third day we had 3 shampoos, no conditioner, and no lotion. Was pretty funny actually.

Ski Valet- called down for our snowboard and skis. 30 mins later arrived to see two pairs of skis and no poles, and no snowboard. (we were 3 people, with a snowboarder and two skiers)

Quality of service - close to non existant. The only woman I found friendly was the Coffee Station server in the morning. There are no coffee machines in the room.

Mini bar- automated so dont touch... there was a drawer with 2 bags of chips and an oxygen can as a joke. they rolled around upon opening the drawer.

Rooms - have about 40 light switches, and none of them can turn off the bathroom nightlight... therefore you will have a light on at all times.

Jacuzzi - Is about a 100 foot walk from the door to the lobby. No towels are near the jacuzzi, bring your own and trapse thru the snowy outdoor patio to get to the heated wading pool ( tepid at best) and the jacuzzi ( fitting about 6 people at most )

Really really really a sub par experience... Dont even get me started about dodging construction people in our paint-fumed corridor.

On a positive note, If you like south africans, there are plenty on staff, dont know if local people exist on staff.
Location is very walkable to downtown.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends