1,046 results
All reviewsbutler serviceoxygen loungechampagne saberingremede spamary patchefs clubski shoplobby barbeautiful hotelturn down servicein townshadow mountainconcierge deskluxury hotellittle nellone bedroom suiteski gear
Reviewed March 21, 2012

The St. Regis Aspen deserves a mixed review. The rooms are fantastic, with great design after the recent renovation. The lobby is large, comfortable, and has substantial sitting space. Even while visiting during a very busy week (mid-winter break on the East Coast makes Aspen and Vail packed), there was typically plenty of places to sit in the lobby. But what should have been a great experience was ruined by the substandard service.

A fair bit of the service issues were related to simply being understaffed. The airport pickup crew was friendly, but it took the better part of an hour to get out of the airport. Check-in was fine, but again took the better part of twenty minutes. I had emailed the butler service in advance to have champagne delivered to our room before we arrived (we were celebrating a big personal event). It wasn't in the room, and since it was at this point past midnight, we decided not to even try to get it fixed. In fact, we didn't see the butler the entire time we were there.

Service issues continued with an absolutely rude concierge. We asked how to get to the hot tubs after skiing, and the answer involved a long walk outside. I further inquired whether there was a door closer (to avoid the long walk), and the concierge snottily replied there was not and rolled his eyes at me. It was zero degrees outside -- I'm not crazy to ask.

Once you got to the hot tub, you could enjoy the fact that there were not any towels there, that two of the hot tubs were out of order (and apparently have been for months judging by other reviews), and the remaining tub was always packed.

The lobby waitstaff was hugely understaffed, and it literally took an hour to get one round of drinks. They were apologetic, but it happened every day we were there. Similarly, breakfast service was unacceptably slow (especially on a powder day!).

The ski concierge was helpful enough, but if the St. Regis really wants to step up their service, they need to have people waiting at the base of the mountain that can take your skis from you at the base without having to trudge back to the hotel. Luxury hotels at other mountains do this, it would be a great addition here. Even better would be a ski concierge closer to the base, although I understand many people are taking the shuttles and would want the skis closer to the hotel.

Pros
* Nice design, although I would say that the intersection of the modern, updated parts of the hotel and the older, classic look was a bit clunky.
* Great rooms, good beds.
* Spacious lobby with lots of seats. You could almost always get seated in the lobby, which is impressive and adds a lot of value when you are there with a group and want to get together.

Cons
* Service, obviously
* Location: not truly ski-in, ski-out, although pretty close. Little Nell is really only place that is ski-in, ski-out.
* Food: it was simply "meh," but priced like it should have been spectacular. I don't care if you charge a lot, but it better be good in that case.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
hotel1Aspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2012

Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and observations regarding your recent stay at The St. Regis Aspen. Your comments are of utmost importance to us in assisting us in improving our service standards.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the newly renovated rooms and lounge, but am disappointed to hear of the service issues you experience during your stay. This type of service meets neither our standards, nor certainly your expectations and for that we are truly sorry.

Please know that your comments had been duly noted with the appropriate managers and appropriate actions taken to ensure it does not occur again.

I hope that we may welcome you back again at another time. It would be a pleasure to have you as our guests once again.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

The food was horrible it was blend and worst part was some of your friends where vegetarian and got a bacon soup! The staff is so root and has a lot of attitude especially by the mountain lounge! I ordered a signature Bloody Mary and had to pick it up from the bar since the waitres was more concerned talking to over employees! The mountain lounge can rather be described as fast food self service area. They did not bring me anything I ordered and I had to get up 3 times to pick the stuff up from the bar! Also the butler had a lot of attitude! Our furniture was chipped in our room! We where staying in the renovated part! I would have expected more from aspen! Horrible. Another day at the mountain view lounge I waited 40min order a drink and the bar was empty. As I said the staff is more preoccupied talking about their weekend plans and grooming their hair. I would think that this location does not even deserve the name St. Regis. Dissapointment after dissapotment. How this hotel can keep up a category 6 level is a pure mystery for me! The worst part that happen was when I went to order desert at the mountain view lounge and this young employee with a British or Australian accent sent me to a place a mile away in the middle of the night because she did not even wanted to go the extra mile and ask with the chef would make me something that is not on the menu. Horrible she was so arrogant.
I would never recommend this place to anybody. We had slippers missing in the room as well.

Let's be honest this is the worst st. Regis we ever went to!!!!!!!!!!
If you expect excellent service this is not the place to go to.

6  Thank Travelgirl M
hotel1Aspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2012

Dear St. Regis Aspen Guest,

It is very disappointing to read of your experiences during your recent stay at The St. Regis Aspen. This type of service certainly does not meet with our standards, nor your expectations, and on behalf of the entire staff, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies. Please be assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate managers and necessary measures will be taken to ensure this type of service does not occur again.

I truly hope that you will choose to stay with us once again and give us the chance to restore your faith in us. You would have our commitment for a more enjoyable stay.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

Stayed four days last month at the St. Regis and really enjoyed it. The location is awesome and the new renovations are lovely. As Platinum members, we were upgraded to a suite which had two fireplaces and also came with a butler. This service was great and never let us down. My favorite was calling for free hot chocolate every day which was delivered within 10 minutes with fresh whip cream. Very yummy! Housekeeping was done when we asked for it and the area around our room was very quiet. Food was just okay. Spa was good with my favorite part being the oxygen room. I was suffering from a little altitude sickness and partaking in that every day helped a lot. There is a daily charge for using the spa if you don't have a service scheduled, but since we had Platinum status there was no charge. One complaint I had was the doorman. Never any help with luggage or the door and when we came down with our luggage to get the shuttle to the airport they said that it wasn't leaving yet. Finally after waiting awhile a group of us decided to take matters into our own hands and went out and sure enough the shuttle was justing sitting there and the guys were just hanging out. Way too laid back for a 5 star hotel that is charging high rates.

Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. I'm pleased to hear that you liked the renovations as well as the upgrade to a suite and all the amenities you received as a Platinum member. I am pleased that you enjoyed using the spa as well and that the oxygen lounge helped you with the altitude sickness you were experiencing.

Have said all that, I am very sorry to hear of the lack of attention you received from our front drive staff and that we let you down in that area. Please be assured that measures are being taken to ensure that the service on the front drive is up to the expectations of our guests.

I hope that we may welcome you back in the near future as it would be a pleasure to have you as our guest once again.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

We just returned from a long weekend in Aspen. The 3 BR residence we rented was very nice but did not come with the staff support, amenities and service expected at $2,000/night!
The hotel side, which was recently renovated, was warm and inviting and the men at the front door/bell desk were always helpful and cheerful as were the lounge staff.
There is only one restaurant, which we were warned by another guest to avoid, but we tried anyway and it was mediocre as she had said. A few years back, Olives occupied that space and we loved that restaurant so were so sad to see it had been replaced by this average hotel dining room.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank GRTadewald

Dear St. Regis Aspen Residence Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us regarding your recent stay at The St. Regis Aspen Residence Club. I am sorry to hear that you felt support by the staff was missing on the Residence side, but we are glad that you still had the opportunity to experience services from the staff on the hotel side and enjoyed those interactions.

It is disappointing to learn that you did not enjoy your experience in the restaurant and my apologies for your less than stellar meal. You will be pleased to hear that we will be opening a new restaurant in the hotel in the near future where we will be serving dinner. We are excited to be able to offer this new addition to our resort and I hope that you will get a chance to experience it during another visit to Aspen. Stay tuned!

Thank you again.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

We recently had a company function and stayed 4 nights at this property. Excellent experience overall. Friendly and accomodating staff, and the rooms were excellent. High level of service overall.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Dear St. Regis Aspen Guest,

We are very pleased that you had the opportunity to stay at The St. Regis Aspen for your group event and that you had an excellent experience. We enjoy hosting various groups here for their meetings and I hope that we may have the chance to host yours once again in the future. Of course, we'd love to have you here anytime as our guest, so please come stay with us again.

Kindest regards,