1,050 results
All reviews butler service oxygen lounge champagne sabering remede spa mary pat chefs club ski shop lobby bar beautiful hotel turn down service in town shadow mountain concierge desk luxury hotel little nell one bedroom suite ski gear
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I stayed here 4 yrs ago for a business conference. This place is total class with celebrities walking around. Had a difficult time adjusting to the thin air though. Drink lot's of water.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank DoubleDown71
StRegisAspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

We are so pleased you were able to stay with us for your business conference. The altitude can certainly be difficult to adjust to here in Aspen, however you have discovered the number one elevation aid, water. In the future, you might also consider a tri to the Oxygen Room in our Remede Spa to aid with the adjustment.

I surely hope that we may welcome you back again in the near future as it was a privilege having you as our guest.

Kind Regards,
H. Steenge-Hart, General Manager

Reviewed May 22, 2012

First of all, the good: the hotel is beautiful and the location is fantastic. The recent renovations look great. The Remede spa is fantastic as well. And when we had a maintenance issue in our room, we were quickly moved to a new and better one.

This is a luxury resort, so my expectations are, and should be, very high. Basically, I expect to have no or minimal complaints, and have them addressed immediately. Although some of my comments may be matters of taste, some go to the heart of what one wishes to experience at a luxury hotel.

1. Lobby
The lobby, lounge, and reading areas are well appointed and comfortable. The music, however, is not very relaxing. It sounds like something you might hear at a W--sort of a jangly jazz-techno fusion thing. I would suggest something a little more chill. (Again, this may be a matter of taste).

We were able to order off the menu at the lounge (good), but my burger was charred and chewy (it has always been very tasty in the past). On the second night, a server at the bar was rude when my wife asked to have a champagne brought to her in the reading area (about 150 feet away), and never came to pick up the bill.

2. Rooms
The standard room renovation looks great, but there are two significant design flaws. First, the bathroom is less private now because of the extra set of doors that open up between the tub and room. Light and sound leak through the gaps. Second, the mattress is beyond firm. I actually prefer a firm mattress, but this one was too hard, with almost no give. Both my wife and I woke (after fitful sleep) with sore backs each morning. Again, I know these things are subject to taste, but I can't imagine the average guest wants such a hard mattress.

As mentioned above, we did have a maintenance issue with our original room but were quickly moved to a better room.

The hotel now charges for wireless service, which I don't really have a philosophical problem with, but they need to make the fact that it is a per-device charge clearer. If you want to use wireless on laptop and a couple of smartphones/ipads, you'll quickly be up to $50-$75/day.

3. Service/Staff
This was a mixed bag. Some of the staff members were nice and helpful. A couple were actually rude. I think some training goes on in the early/off season, so I am prepared for some rough edges, but there is no excuse for a staff member giving attitude. On the plus side, the management was extremely apologetic and helpful when we brought issues to their attention. The maintenance engineer who came to our room was polite and helpful and helped get us the room switch. And the front-desk staff member at check-out (I think her name is Danielle) was extremely polite and helpful. Generally speaking, the staff could use more polish. I think the standard for high-end hotels should be polite, responsive, but unobtrusive service. Operations should occur smoothly, almost in the background.

We didn't make as much use of the concierge on this trip as we have in the past, but the concierge service has always been helpful and highly professional.

In sum: very nice hotel, a couple of (for us) serious flaws in the room design, and mixed service levels (which will hopefully improve with training). Management was very responsive to our issues and took steps to remedy them. Mainly because of the bed discomfort, we are not certain if we'll be returning in the near future. This is unfortunate, because we've really enjoyed staying at this hotel in the past, but a good night's sleep is really essential to a comfortable vacation. Again, maybe some people won't have as much of a problem with the mattresses--I can only speak for myself and my wife.

There is so much about this hotel that is great, and we have had wonderful stays there in the past, but at this time I reluctantly have to give it an average rating--I wish there was a rating between average and very good, because I think "good" would be the appropriate rating. I do want to emphasize again that when we brought issues to the attention of management, they were as apologetic, responsive, and helpful as one would hope and expect.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PowderHund

Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments and observations regarding your stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. While it sounds as though you had a pleasant stay for the most part, I would like to express regret for the shortcomings and difficulties you experienced with regards to the service you received from certain members of the staff and the comfort of your accommodations. I am sorry that you were not provided with exemplary service at the lounge. I would also like to offer my apologies for the fact that you were not able to fully relax upon your return from a long day given the fact that your mattress was too firm.

I am, however, pleased to hear that the management staff was able to attend to and resolve your discrepancies in an appropriate and timely manner.

I do hope that the next time you travel to Aspen that you will consider staying with us once again. You have our commitment for a more enjoyable stay in the future. Please do not hesitate to reach out to my office if there is anything that I may assist you with.

Kind Regards,
H. Steenge-Hart, General Manager

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Stayed in May for my daughters 11th birthday. May is off season so the hotel was pretty emply. Check in was great as well as ALL of the service we received during our stay.

ROOMS: We had a basic room which was redone and very nice all the way around. Beds, bath, tv and sitting area/desk are all very good.
POOL: The pool is basic oval and was warm and clean. The chairs are padded and very nice to relax on. They are redoing the hot tub areas which will be great once completed.
SPA: The locker rooms are fantastic with sauna/steam/hot and cold tubs. The locker rooms meet at a coed hot tub with waterfalls....awesome.
LOCATION: The location is great as we walked to everything in Aspen. The hotel fits in well with its brick outside and the lobby is very well done. You can see areas where it needs maintenance but it also seems like things were getting touched up during off season.
BEST PART: The best part of our stay was the staff and how they took care of my daughter. When we returned from the pool, there were 6 BIG chocalate chip cookies with happy birthday written on the plate. The next morning the Manager brought her a sample platter of different flavor pancakes. Both the cookies and the pancakes were VERY good. I expected they would do something.....but the staff went above and beyond.
CONS: The only thing I didnt care for was $35 valet parking. I understand during ski and summer season, but include this during off season. Minor, but it does add up especially when you dont need your car because everything is within walking distance.
I would go back in a second.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank clarkgriswold817
hotel1Aspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

Thank you for your very kind comments regarding your recent stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. I am so pleased to hear that both you and your daughter enjoyed your stay as you celebrated her 11th birthday and that she enjoyed the cookies and pancakes.

I certainly hope that we may welcome you both back again in the near future as it was a pleasure having you as our guests. We would love to have you here next year so that we may help your daughter celebrate her 12th birthday!

S. Geray, General Manager

Reviewed April 27, 2012

I had a so-so two night-stay at the St. Regis Aspen last month. The trip was disappointing, not mainly due to the hotel though, but because of the weather. It was warm, there wasn't much snow and certain areas of the base of the mountains were just puddles, making it difficult to enjoy the skiing. The hotel though was fine but as I will explain later on, I have never seen such terrible interior designing in any hotel, including hotel chains usually perceived of lower standards.

I got in from LA at around 10am and was met by a hotel representative at Aspen airport. The hotel shuttles guests to and from the airport without charge. Ten minutes and almost an accident later, we arrived at the hotel. The lobby has a nice ski cottage feel with a large seating area and a fireplace. The lady at check-in informed me that the usual check-in time was at 3pm and my room would not be ready until then. It wasn't a problem though since I already had plans to hit the slopes immediately upon arrival. Now, I actually emailed the hotel a couple of weeks before to explain to them that since my room might not be ready upon arrival, I asked if they have a changing room, to which they replied "yes". Wonderful! Well, upon check-in I asked where the changing room is and she explained that it is just around the corner and added that I could also use the one in the spa but they are much smaller. So I went to the one “around the corner”. As it turned out, this "changing room" is just a regular bathroom. So I had to use the handicapped bathroom to change, sorry!
So after leaving my suitcases with the hotel, and a quick trip to the rentals, which is just across the street from the hotel, it was off to the slopes!!! The hotel is pretty conveniently located in the town. It is not exactly on the main thoroughfare where the shops and restaurants are but it is a nice 5-10 minute walk pass the ice rink and a McDonald’s. The hotel is also a 5 minute walk to the gondola of Aspen mountain. Very convenient indeed.

After a full day of skiing, the staff greeted me warmly back at the hotel and the ski concierge at the rental office kindly held my skis and boots for another day of skiing the next day. At that point, I was just dying for a hot bath. At first glance, the room was very impressive. The recently renovated room was beautifully designed as you can see from the pictures. It was simple yet has a very home feel to it. The bed was heavenly and it was perfect to recharge for some more skiing the next day. Looking around, I knew it was going to be a good stay. Then as time goes by, I began to see some critical flaws in the room. It started with the closet. It looked like the usual double-door closet but as it turned out, one half was the closet and the other was some sort of ventilation duct. It was so small that the usual amenities such as safe deposit box, bathrobes, and laundry bags were all stacked, albeit neatly, on top of each other. And this duct made loud noises at irregular intervals which were a bother. Also, as you can see from the bathroom, the walls were scattered with handle bars or towel bars, which I thought was bizarre. I mean even accessible rooms do not have this many bars. Now the bathtub has what I think was a seat. Now when the seat was down, all was good but I couldn’t fold it up since the towel bars were behind. I had to improvise to take a bath but on one occasion, the seat came down with a bang which was slightly disconcerting after that. Then, I realized that there wasn’t a rubbish bin in the bathroom which was a first for me in a hotel. I had to compromise and place the bin from the room into the bathroom. After skiing, nothing feels better than a hot bath and I couldn’t during my stay because the water would only go as far as lukewarm and since it was slow to fill up, by the time it was full, it was cold again.

Apart from my gripes with the room, the staffs at the hotel were friendly throughout unlike some of the comments from other reviewers and the location was perfect in my opinion. But would I stay again at this hotel at the current price point, probably not.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Publius28
hotel1Aspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and observations regarding your recent stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. While it sounds as though you had a good stay for the most part, I would like to apologize for the shortcomings and challenges you experienced with regards to your room and check-in. I am sorry that you were not provided with a better alternative than the restrooms for you to be able to change in so that you could go skiing after your arrival. I would also like to offer my apologies that you were not able to fully enjoy a hot soak upon your return from a day on the slopes given the fact that you were in a handicap accessible room.

I am, however, pleased to hear that you enjoyed the services of our staff, including the ski valets.

I do hope the next time your travels bring you to Aspen that you will consider staying with us once again where you will have our commitment for a more enjoyable stay. Please do not hesitate to reach out to my office if there is anything that may assist you with.

S. Geray,General Manager

Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

This hotel should be sold and reopened as something else. The staff really doesn't "get" it. I was instantly underwhelmed by the lack of service all around. There were only a few Americans on staff, and with our unemployment problem, it really put a bad taste in my mouth when everyone at the hotel answered me in a south African or Australian accent. The rooms were ok, similar to a Westin but with no coffee maker... also the hot tub was about a 200 feet walk from the lobby, outside! really a waste of money here.

• Stayed: March 2012
4  Thank gayokwithme

Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us regarding your recent stay. We are sorry to hear that you felt there was a lack of service all around. We would certainly be interested in receiving more detailed feedback from you, if you were so inclined, by contacting our executive offices at the hotel.

Aspen, being a very popular resort destination, attracts both visitors and residents alike from all over the world. This diversity makes not only The St. Regis Aspen, but the entire town, a very unique and diverse place to experience.

Hopefully we may welcome you back at another time, where you will have our commitment for a more enjoyable stay.

S. Geray, General Manager