“The Luxury Hotel in Aspen”

The St. Regis Aspen Resort
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Just returned from another amazing trip to the St. Regis Aspen. The facility is newly renovated and the results are spectacular. The decor is both comfortable and stylish, honoring the St.Regis legacy and moving the Astor tradition forward. While the surroundings are new, what remains is the caring service expertly provided by a staff that has been together for as long as I can remember. With so many friendly welcoming faces, returning to the St. Regis Aspen feels more like going home than staying in a hotel. Aspen is blessed with many choices for luxury lodging, the St. Regis sets the standard. The butlers are a particularly nice amenity!!

Room Tip: The balconies on the Grand Deluxe Rooms are great
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
StRegisAspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

I would sincerely like to thank you for taking the time to post such charming, sincere comments regarding your recent stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. I am overwhelmed by your beautiful recommendation of our property and our bespoke service. It is always a pleasure to have return guests at our property and it is indeed individuals such as you who make our resort truly feel like a home. We look forward to welcoming you to the resort again in the near future.

Kind regards,
H. Steenge-Hart, General Manager

Reviewed 24 December 2012

The spa and hotel were amazing. We rented our ski equipment from Aspen Sports which was so convenient and easy. Billy and his staff at Aspen Sports were superb! They had our skis ready for us each day and took care of everything at the end of the ski day! I would highly recommend the St. Regis and Aspen Sport, it was the perfect family vacation.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

I would sincerely like to thank you for taking the time to post such compelling comments regarding your recent stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. I am pleased you spoke so highly of our Spa, hotel and our Aspen Sports partners. It is a privilege for us to have Billy and his team so conveniently located next to the resort and I'm glad you were able to take full advantage of their rental services during your stay. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you to the resort again in the future.

Kind regards,
H. Steenge-Hart, General Manager

Reviewed 23 December 2012

Visited Aspen two weeks ago and stayed at the St. Regis. It's a bit before ski season, so hotel was not crowded. Staff was superb, gracious, friendly and helpful. Hotel was decked out for holiday and was warm and inviting; was a real pleasure drinking hot chocolate and reading the newspaper by the fire in the lobby. Room was great; king sized bed with mountain view. Strongly recommend. Aspen is a great place to visit this time of year.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank hrtraveler
Reviewed 21 December 2012

One of the best hotel I have ever stayed in! Great spa!! All around perfect hotel in a perfect location. Free car service to anywhere and from anywhere in town back to the hotel. Really gorgeous lobby and room. If you can afford it, it's worth it!

Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Globetrotter C
Reviewed 20 December 2012

The remodeled property is beautiful - check out the video - but it's the people that make this place special...really special. From your first encounter with the bellman at the front door to the folks in the restaurants and lounge...it is a wonderful experience. Alex G at the front door was incredibly helpful with recommendations, directions, and offers to pick us up if we needed---so great! The manager and hostess in the Buttermilk room -where we had breakfast EVERY morning because the quality of the food was so good- and the staff so attentive made our mornings terrific. And the bartender in the Chef's Club restaurant made our dinner there extra fun and entertaining. I loved the new tubs and showers - they are super...so much better than the old tub-showers! I didn't have time to spa...but others said it was lovely. We skied at Snowmass everyday - it was early in the season and they had the best snow. However, the ski shop -Aspen Sports, not the hotel, is awesome...they store your stuff...help with your boots -yes, please!..and will carry your skis to the shuttle bus - thank you!. Billy - who runs the shop - is awesome...and so is his whole crew. If you ski Ajax, they will drive you the lift...very helpful on your first day! We know other people who stay elsewhere...we are never leaving the St Regis!

Room Tip: Rooms have a view of the courtyard, the mountain or town. We stayed in 450 - courtyard view - we ha...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank OKFoodiePrincess
Reviewed 17 December 2012

This hotel is superb, and the service is somehow even better. Everyone was extremely nice and helpful and seemed to really want to go out of their way to fulfill my requests and keep me happy. Sometimes you can just tell that employees at fine resorts are just grinning and bearing it, to put up with finicky guests. Not at this St. Regis. Everyone from the hotel manager to the butlers and car valet guys was happy and eager to help and answer any dumb questions I may have asked.
The hotel itself was great. It's only a couple of blocks from the gondola (if you ski), and easily walkable to anything in downtown Aspen. If you don't want to walk, they have an on-call shuttle/car service that will drive you (and pick you up) anywhere in town - even the two blocks to the gondola. My suite was great, and the only thing missing from it was a fireplace. I didn't go to the spa, but I heard from other guests that it is fantastic, too. I'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room or suite with butler service, if possible. Free hot chocolate and coffee at anytime, free...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank WillVenture
Reviewed 27 November 2012

My recent stay with the St. Regis was exceptional. Right away, you notice how stunning the hotel is on the outside upon arrival. The interior when you walk in is exceptional, with a greeting by a large entryway and a fireplace in the lobby. It's exactly what you want a hotel in a ski town to have!

Even in the "off season", the staff is attentive and accommodating. I was there for business and the reservations department made sure that I was set with my reservations for myself and my colleagues. The valet attendants were great with helpful tips on where to go, if needed, and were always very prompt with their services. All of the staff was extremely friendly and made me feel very comfortable during my stay. The rooms were nice, comfortable and very clean. My view wasn't of the mountain, but instead of the gorgeous courtyard, which in turn wasn't so bad once I saw the view. All in all, I was very satisfied with my stay here and I would, without a doubt, stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business