“Fantastic”

The Residence Hotel
Ranked #15 of 36 Hotels in Aspen
Reviewed 15 February 2017

There are no words to really grasp the impact of this place, 6-8 individual apartment like rooms. several with two bedrooms and full kitchens. the antiques in the lobby and fresh flowers are such a joy, great owner and very down to earth. This is where foreign Princes, famous athletes, and movie stars stay. Not kidding. This will be the stay of a lifetime. I have stayed in 4 of these guest quarters, and they are all different. One year I slept looking up at Aspen Mountain while the skiers were doing the torch run. So cool. You will be across from Taka Sushi and will love being downtown. Walk to everything. Remember not to park on the street at night or expect a tow. (cost me $150.) Parking is available within a couple of blocks for overnight. one of the rooms I stayed in had a great bath with jets, but no real hot tub. In answer to the questionnaire. It has a large public area as you come in and we had over 20 people there with no problem. If you rent the whole place it is great to walk among the rooms and visit and mingle. Super party digs. That will cost, but you will never forget it. if you have a small group, go for the full kitchen and extra bedrooms. I went solo one year and had a great studio with a large foyer. When I had guests we could have a wine and visit and the foyer was like a small living room, and so well decorated, I loved it. Plenty of antiques around too. Anyway, it was probably my favorite. Ask for a view of Main street, or Aspen Mountain. Beds are great, this is 5+ stars.

Room Tip: This is 5 star, all the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kim W
There are newer reviews for The Residence Hotel

Reviewed 22 January 2017

Owner and management extremely nice and helpful. Beautiful, cozy room with working fireplace (we stayed in room #2.) Close proximity to all good restaurants. Walking distance to lifts for Aspen mountain, and extremely close / around the corner from bus station at Rubey Park that takes you to all the other mountains - Buttermilk, Snowmass, Highlands.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2016

The Residence Hotel is a rare find. Never have I come across a boutique hotel that is so luxuriously decorated, spacious, pet friendly, and in the center of town.

I stayed at The Residence Hotel with my family and our two dogs for four nights this autumn and it was a truly enjoyable stay. Terry is a very gracious host, accommodated our late arrival check-in, gave us a tour around her hotel, and was a great resource for excellent coffeeshops and restaurant recommendations. There was even a time when our dogs barked and we weren't with them and she sweetly tried to settle them down.

Coming back to our suite, the Ralph Lauren, felt like coming home. The kitchen had everything we needed for cooking, the living room was great for reading or napping, and the dining table was perfect for my family of four. The master bedroom was luxurious to say the least. The bathroom was very large, beautiful, and great for a hot bath. There was plenty of closet space to hang all of our clothes and unpack. The second bedroom was not as spacious as the master, but had ample room. The second bedroom did not have a en-suite bath, but the bathroom was conveniently located across from the bedroom door.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay here. We would not hesitate to call Terry again about booking our next stay in Aspen at The Residence Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Joshua M
Reviewed 26 October 2016

I felt I was in a luxury home.... the lobby was so inviting with antique furnishings & a piano. Owner, Terry, was very accommodating & very personable. Each room was a work of art as it was furnished. My daughter had the Bridal suite & it was amazing, big, & homey. Loved my stay there.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 28 October 2016

We love having our wedding parties stay with us. It is great fun for us too to be involved with their memorable time.

Reviewed 10 September 2016

I recently spent three days at The Residence Hotel in Aspen Colorado. Terry Butler, who could be described as a Grand Dame of Aspen, has created a haven that is both opulent elegance and homely charm. Without a doubt one of the truly excellent hotel experiences I have ever had.

Room Tip: The Ralph Lauren Suite is superb
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 28 October 2016

Loved having them. Hope they will come back and stay with me when they ski this winter.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

The Residence Hotel is located in the absolute best spot in Aspen, sandwiched between the shopping and pubs & restaurants. Each of the rooms is unique with a special theme, with ours being French. The windows open to the sights and sounds of Aspen, with a cool breeze negating the need for AC. I'm assuming all of the other rooms have kitchens as well, being fully stocked with all the utensils and dishes you need. The proprietor Terry is a lovely lady that cares deeply about her hotel. If you like rustic with class, this is the place for you. The only reason I did not rate it as a five is because you have to park about five blocks away once you've offloaded your luggage. Also, please note that there is not an elevator and all rooms are on the second floor.

Room Tip: Ask Terry for the type of room you desire.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 28 October 2016

I wish I had an elevator and a parking lot. Unfortunately, the building was built in 1886 before people really had cars. Parking overnight downtown where we are located is not permitted. There for, I buy special locals parking passes that I give to my guests. Parking begins 2 blocks aay and goes all around the neighborhood. The landlord of the building has not chosen to install an elevator, so there is nothing I can do about that.
Wish he would. please come back again.

Reviewed 3 August 2016

We have just come back to Australia after spending a wonderful week in Aspen in summer.We stayed in the Residence Hotel and we were delighted with the quality of the hotel and the size of the two bedroom apartment which also had a large kitchen and lounge room.The hotel is very central to all the restaurants and shopping.We would definetely come back to stay in this hotel when we are next in Aspen.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 28 October 2016

I remember them well. They are a lovely couple from Australia that visits ASpen often.
They are beekeepers back home. Hopefully they will come back next year for skiing and bring all their children. I so enjoyed visiting with them.