All reviews apres ski front desk jacuzzi room small bathroom free breakfast hot tub in town off season few blocks third floor would stay here again walking distance main street no elevator bus stop beds were comfortable hot breakfast
Reviewed December 28, 2017

Room with king bed a bit worn, but acceptable looking. Very small for 2 people because 1/3 is taken up with kitchen sink/microwave/refrigerator peninsula. Don't need this combo because if I plan to cook on holiday will stay in a condo with a full kitchen. Others might like it, but it takes up too much room. I don't use fridge on car trips as I travel with a cooler for drinks and to store meds needing refrigeration. Room had strong floral deodorant smell that was nauseating, made my eyes water, excessive sneezing and runny nose as if I was having severe hay fever. Guess it was because we had dogs and they gave us a dog room. Deodorant is not the way to clean a room, vacuuming and rug shampooing is better if you don't want dog foot prints to remain. Of course, human shoes can really dirty a carpet. We travel all over with our 2 small dogs and this was 1st hotel that reeked of deodorant, like being in a public restroom. Bathroom very tiny and dark. Hotel has nice breakfast and evening munchies. Easy walk into center of Aspen. Free buses pass hotel frequently if need to get to Ajax mtn (the name of the mtn in town), or any of the other ski sites. This Hotel Aspen has a sister hotel, Molly Gibson, across street with same amenities and cost. It is a toss up which hotel you choose. These hotels are best price for a hotel in Aspen proper, though still too expensive for what you get. If not in Aspen would cost 1/2 as much a night. If we stay in Aspen proper next trip will pay more to have more room and no smelly room. About $50 more a night could have gotten a 1 bedroom condo, and for about $100 more a night could have stayed in a more luxurious hotel.

People saying rooms modern and spacious must be staying in larger rooms than the ones with a king bed. And, maybe some rooms are better appointed or less worn than hours. The employees are all very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2017

Unfortunately we only had one night in this hotel. The room we were given was fabulous, it was pretty much on it own with a little balcony. The staff were really polite and helpful. Rooms decorated well and very clean, only down sides were a very small bathroom and a noisy A/C unit. These would not put me off returning though. Pool area looked really good but we didn't use it. Breakfast was good and plentiful. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the town, good for restaurants and bars.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2017

I really enjoyed my stay here. The rooms were very clean and modern, and the location was fabulous. I am going to start with the bad. The ironing board was very sad, a tiny little device you were supposed to manuever on the small countertop. When ironing for a 46L that proved to be a major challenge. When I called down to the front desk though, the agent was very sympathetic, and they ran across the street to a local hotel to get me a larger one. Very accomodating. The other issue was the AC. Extremely noisy, it was totally unusable at night. There does not appear to be central air, and I get hot at night. Opening the room's screen door was a no-go, as there were loud neighbors, but trying to turn the AC on woke my room-mate up at 2 AM. Device was very outdated, sounded like a jet engine. Not as noticeable during the daytime though. Now for the positives: The sheets and mattress were super comfy, in-room patio was a treat for my smoker dad, location was unbeatable, pool and jacuzzi were fantastic. Sufficient parking. Unbeatable views in poolside suites. Rooms are very spacious. As I said previously, the best part was the staff. I checked in on Nov 4th 2017 at around 5 PM and a young brunette girl was working the desk. She was very, very accomodating, my entire family loved her. Such a friendly interaction, the check-in process was a pleasure as this employee realy seemed to have a genuine interest in getting to know my family and I as we checked in. Later in the evening I had a semi-embarassing request for her and she was completely professional and accomodating. As someone who worked in the hotel industry, friendly, caring, helpful, employees like her are very rare. She seemed to take a genuine interest in the guests and would do anything to meet their needs. Another male employee who I phoned down to on 11/4/17 at about 6:30 PM was very welcoming, along with the concierge who helped me on 11/5/17 at 9:30 AM. The staff is this hotel's biggest assett, great people that work here. if I needed to visit Aspen again, I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel for the same rate, the overall experience was fantastic.

Room Tip: Pool-facing rooms are very nice, but no patio. No elevators for upper floors, but was not an issue for my family.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed December 16, 2017 via mobile

My sister and I visited Aspen, Colorado for the first time this year. Not knowing what to expect we read reviews and ultimately chose to book at Hotel Aspen - this was the best decision we made in our planning. Not only is the hotel in the perfect location - close to the free bus to Snowmass and other mountains, and walking distance to the shops and restaurants in the area, but the room itself was super cozy. The hotel offers free parking and complimentary happy hour with food and drinks during the off-season. Last but not least, the staff was super friendly and the view is unbeatable. Would highly recommend for first time visitors!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed December 7, 2017

We stayed here for two nights and had a wonderful time. The hotel has different room options: your own private hot tub, a fireplace, or just a regular room. We got the private hot tub and we took advantage of it being cold outside, sipping on some beer or wine and watching the snow come down. They also offer you accommodations when you book the room: we got milk and cookies and a 6 pack of microbrew from the local brewery. Also, the hotel isn't right in the middle of downtown, but also not to far away from downtown.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple