“Great price for a quick stop. Might want earplugs.”

Motel 6 Denver East - Aurora
Ranked #21 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Wichita, Kansas
“Great price for a quick stop. Might want earplugs.”
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Pros: clean, updated, convenient location; CHEAP.
Cons: some rooms are noisy; sheets are cheap.

This price was cheap enough that we could get our family of four adults three rooms instead of crowding into one suite. We just needed a place to sleep for 8 hours before hitting the road again. Except for a couple complaints, it worked well for that.

Let's get the complaints out of the way first...

One of the rooms was extremely noisy; the other two rooms did not have that complaint. In the noisy room, we heard people walking and running on the floor above us, some strange high-pitched noise, and the very loud AC unit -- one or the other of these happened every 20 minutes or so. If you're a sound sleeper or bring good earplugs, this might not be a problem for you.

The sheets were low-count thread and a bit scratchy. I ended up taking the pillow case off and sleeping on the bare pillow; it was much more comfortable like that.

Several of the characters in the lobby (including one guy who appeared to be the manager) looked kinda seedy, but the guy behind the desk was completely professional, even though he was having a very busy time on a sold-out night.

The positives...

The hotel has been updated recently; everything looked very clean and new. The quality of the materials are kind of cheap, but that doesn't affect how you sleep, does it?

It's just a couple miles off I-70; very easy to get to and get back on the road.

Rosie's Diner just out the front of the hotel serves a pretty good breakfast.

And last but not least, you just can't beat the price.

Room Tip: The odd-numbered room was the noisy one.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank JS-n-KS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Texas
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We always stayed at another chain but had a bad experience en route; Motel 6 was our only option in this part of the city because it was pet-friendly. It has caused us to switch over to this company entirely. The people at the desk couldn't have been more helpful. They went beyond out of their way. We are so happy to know about Motel 6's amenities and will be frequent guests in other cities.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank elmiragegranny
San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I am used to the motel 6 with exterior access! This one is not like your typical Motel 6! It was completely remodeled and clean for the same price as other Motel 6's. Pets stay free! Wi-fi is 2.95 per day and not very speedy. There are 2 restaurants out front, one being Applebee's. Less than a mile away there is a Mall, Outback, Carrabba's, and Joe's Crab Shack. Over all very cheap and worth every cent!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank roundthaworld
Grand Lake, Colorado
Reviewed 15 May 2011

I was skeptical of staying in this hotels due to previous reviews, but I always like to judge for myself. I also believe that usually only those who are disappointed write reviews.
The staff at the hotel was extremely friendly. The rooms were remodeled.. first time I slept all night through in a long time.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again. One thing I always remember is that I usually go to a hotel to unwind and sleep. At the Motel 6 in Aurora, I did just that.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Monterey, California
Reviewed 29 June 2009

I have stayed at a number of Motel 6 properties and know what to expect. The staff was helpful, the room clean, and the basic amenities were included. The choice of restaurants in the area was very nice. I chose to purchase access to their wireless Internet ($2.99+tax) but found that it was almost unusable. I was able to check my email and check a couple of other sites, but the connection was so intermittent that any type of higher-bandwidth activities would have been impossible. I would imagine it was a hardware issue, and did mention it when I checked out, but I don't think the staff was knowledgeable enough to haved fixed the problem.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
North Dakota
Reviewed 19 July 2008

I had a previous horrid experience at a Motel 6 in another state and at that time I said "never again" but I am saying it again! First off, I will say that the hotel looked great from the outside. Looked like it had been recently remodeled or updated. At the Motel 6, you get what you pay for! The very strange man working the front desk told us to make sure to park as close to the front door as possible-he was inferring that it wasn't safe around the sides or back. The man made inappropriate comments about making sure we had a strong bed, thinking he was being funny. The room had the very bear necessities. The bed was so low to the ground, the pillows had to be folded over just to raise our heads, the walls were dirty or stained in some spots. We ended up sleeping in our clothes with no blankets because we were just grossed out by the whole room. I found a HUGE yellow stain on my bath towel and all of our towels smelled moldy. There was no ironing board or blow dryer. I am not a high maintainence gal, but I was wishing we hadn't been so cheap and just shelled out a $100 for a nicer hotel. So I am going on the record saying "Never Again!!!"

• Liked — Cheap
  • Disliked — Staff at front desk, stained & smelly towels, bed
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Travelingduo777
Lander, Wyoming
Reviewed 19 October 2007

I have always appreciated the value of Motel 6's. This one, just off East Iliff Avenue in Aurora, was a newer model with interior entrances, which are my favorite kinds. Motels are notoriously expensive for not providing much... and that is why I'm a fan of Motel 6, they give you what you need and you don't have to pay ridiculous prices! This one was a decent neighborhood, just off I-25, with several different popular restaurants nearby. I find the beds/mattresses to be updated enough that they are quite comfortable... and these interior entrance buildings have nice bathrooms with a tub! So I chose above average because of the value and type of building. Don't forget the free coffee in the morning... and I can buy a big. much better breakfast at a restaurant for the difference in price with an expensive motel that give you a "free breakfast".

• Liked — Unbeatable value and Motel 6 interior access building, with tub in bathroom
  • Disliked — Nothing really
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled solo