Motel 6 Denver East - Aurora
  • Pool
US$214
US$149
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 May 2012

This little gem in the Rockies is close to the Airport, good food and the major highways! The motel has been remodeled fairly recently and was fresh and clean looking! I loved the lime green trim and linen decor. The bathroom was large and well lit! The beds were very comfortable. For a no amenities budget motel you get the feeling you are in a much fancier place. I thought the staff was efficient and very pleasant to work with. Request were handled with a smile!

Room Tip: Room #109, the bath is quite large, close to the vending and exit door.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Let me start off by saying that I've saved tons of money staying at Motel 6. They offer very basic amenities; which is to say a clean bed, hot water, and a clean room. This is exactly what I got when I first entered the one in Aurora. I was actually amazed at the modern furniture and decorations throughout the room.

After I went across the parking lot to get something to eat; things got TERRIBLE. I walked back in the hotel, and the security guard, hotel clerk, and this gasbagging broad were in the lobby just laughing, yelling, and talking about whether or not Michael Jackson was gay (I kid you not!). I went into my room on the first floor (mistake right there, I should have asked for a floor away from the lobby, I know!...But they were "full") and could clearly hear their conversation still! This went on from about 9 p.m. until I went to bed. Finally, as I LITERALLY put the pillow over my head to try to quiet them down, I had enough. I went to the lobby, and politely asked the clerk to quiet down. He looked at me like I was dripping with bacon grease, and gave me a half-hearted "Ok".
I went back to my room, and they went right at it again! I had to be on the road early for my drive to Columbus, Nebraska! I was furious as hour after hour went with them constantly barking at each other (the broad had gone, but "Barney Fife" was there with the clerk, just yakking away).
It was 2:30 a.m. and I had enough. I went out there and asked to have my room moved. He said he couldn't since the hotel was full. I went back to my room; packed up, and left. Get this, I went to ANOTHER MOTEL 6, and slept like a baby!

I will give the District Manager credit; when I complained of this gross conduct by their staff, she immediately replied, and gave me a complimentary night.

If you're forced to stay there, ask for a room away from---No, never mind..Don't stay there! I also noticed some seedy people that I think lived there. Screw this Motel 6. Go to the one in Denver off of Federal Highway (I think).

Room Tip: Stay the heck away from the lobby! Demand 4th floor or above.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank ANTHONYROBERSON
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Pros: clean, updated, convenient location; CHEAP.
Cons: some rooms are noisy; sheets are cheap.

This price was cheap enough that we could get our family of four adults three rooms instead of crowding into one suite. We just needed a place to sleep for 8 hours before hitting the road again. Except for a couple complaints, it worked well for that.

Let's get the complaints out of the way first...

One of the rooms was extremely noisy; the other two rooms did not have that complaint. In the noisy room, we heard people walking and running on the floor above us, some strange high-pitched noise, and the very loud AC unit -- one or the other of these happened every 20 minutes or so. If you're a sound sleeper or bring good earplugs, this might not be a problem for you.

The sheets were low-count thread and a bit scratchy. I ended up taking the pillow case off and sleeping on the bare pillow; it was much more comfortable like that.

Several of the characters in the lobby (including one guy who appeared to be the manager) looked kinda seedy, but the guy behind the desk was completely professional, even though he was having a very busy time on a sold-out night.

The positives...

The hotel has been updated recently; everything looked very clean and new. The quality of the materials are kind of cheap, but that doesn't affect how you sleep, does it?

It's just a couple miles off I-70; very easy to get to and get back on the road.

Rosie's Diner just out the front of the hotel serves a pretty good breakfast.

And last but not least, you just can't beat the price.

Room Tip: The odd-numbered room was the noisy one.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank JS-n-KS
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We always stayed at another chain but had a bad experience en route; Motel 6 was our only option in this part of the city because it was pet-friendly. It has caused us to switch over to this company entirely. The people at the desk couldn't have been more helpful. They went beyond out of their way. We are so happy to know about Motel 6's amenities and will be frequent guests in other cities.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank elmiragegranny
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I am used to the motel 6 with exterior access! This one is not like your typical Motel 6! It was completely remodeled and clean for the same price as other Motel 6's. Pets stay free! Wi-fi is 2.95 per day and not very speedy. There are 2 restaurants out front, one being Applebee's. Less than a mile away there is a Mall, Outback, Carrabba's, and Joe's Crab Shack. Over all very cheap and worth every cent!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple