All reviews the concierge lounge denver airport front desk next morning full service other hotels an early morning flight shuttle service comfortable bed omelet nice property nice room free shuttle business trip one night stay parking lot tommy
Reviewed October 30, 2017

Recently had breakfast here due to bad weather and snow delaying flight. Dealth with Betsy, Sherry and Chef John. They were all super amazing, friendly and food tasted so great. Please thank them for me

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Kevin H, Front Office Manager at Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2017

Thank you for your review about our onsite restaurant, Fire+Spice. I am very pleased to read about your interactions with our staff during your unexpected flight delays. I will definitely share this review with the restaurant team to ensure they are praised for the "super amazing" service and food. Thank you for staying with us and have safe travels!

Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

We rented this hotel through my 420 Weed tour you're supposed to get a vaporizer at the beginning of your stay well we got the vaporizer asked if it was okay to smoke the vaporizer in the room they said yeah it's all part of your tour they put us by a bunch of screaming little kids, the fact that we had kids all the way around us was not good for the 420 Weed tour when we asked if we could move rooms they told us no absolutely not then the next day they told us we couldn't smoke are vaporizers no more because people were complaining about the weed smell but we booked a tour to do that through their hotel they walked into my sister's room without knocking and she was just sitting on her bed with no nothing because they thought they were going to catch her using her vaporizer that mind you they gave us then apologize for walking in on her they thought they had to catch her but she wasn't doing anything this hotel will violate your privacy they will go through your stuff when you're not in your room definitely do not book this hotel through the 420 Weed tour because they also tell you there's a complimentary breakfast but then they'll try to charge you for it afterwards and that's $15 that they just add to your room in short never stay at this hotel thayjust want to nickel and dime you to death there is no free Wi-Fi like they say they put the workout room so if you're on first floor you have to walk through the bar and that's where the pool is too so it's like doing the Walk of Shame just to go to the pool mind you they do give you another exit but you have to walk down two flights of stairs just to get there it's like an old servants entrance

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Kevin H, Front Office Manager at Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

Thank you for your review regarding your recent experience at our hotel. I am very sorry to hear your tour experience did not meet your expectations. Your review will be shared with our team to help improve our overall guest experience in all areas. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we hope to have another opportunity in the future to better your experience.

Reviewed October 22, 2017

It's way out from downtown, but a 2 minute trip to the nearby A-Line station solves that. All of the staff was very friendly and accommodating - top notch customer service! Room was clean and bed was comfy.

1  Thank William T
Kevin H, Front Office Manager at Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2017

Thank you very much for leaving a review about your recent experience at our hotel. It is great to see you enjoyed your room and the customer service you were provided throughout your stay. It was a pleasure hosting you and we look forward to many more opportunities!

Reviewed October 21, 2017

I have stayed here many time before and been very pleased. The brand and the location are important to me. I am a Platinum Premier (this means the top 5% of all Marriott guests).

Not this time, there has been a decided reduction in quality. Note, that this was a Friday-Sunday stay. It started out ok, as there were folks from team(s) etc ... so they put me on the 6th Floor - "Concierge". The lounge is closed on the weekend (as some are) so this review update does not include that aspect of the stay.

Let me start with the room...

1) The balcony door did not open, it was fused shut despite that fact that there is furniture out there to sit on.
2) The remote worked intermittently, and of course you can't take the back off to check the batteries.
3) The toilet roll holder had broken off sometime in the past, it literally had come out of the wall. It sat askew, and everytime you would roll the paper, the middle section feel out. It looked like "maintenance" had repaired it with Gorilla glue but it is shoddy, sad looking and troublesome to replace paper/use.
4) The spigot for the bathub rattled loosely when you turned water on, to the point where I worried it many come out of the wall.

3 calls to the front desk, yielded no maintenance. A stop at the front desk in person asking for service yielded no maintenance. I finally gave up in frustration and decided to ask for a rate reduction when I checked out.

Then there was the breakfast. Nice staff - truly - but the food selection would have been better at a Spinghill Suite or a Residence Inn than the buffet here. The poor chef was completely on her own with just two pans and backed up by up to 7 guests just wanting some eggs (since there were no scrambled eggs in the buffet containers. There is NO menu in the "restaurant", it's buffet or nothing.

Finally, at 4:00 - still no housekeeping, I would have been happy with just some fresh towels.

It did not seem like the hotel was overly busy, I candidly think that management had understaffed and could not be responsive. It feels like cutting costs are around every turn and the experience I used to have here is gone. As a "Valued Marriott Member" I felt anything but valued. I have in excess of 2,200 lifetime Marriott nights and have stayed at Marriott's all over the world. Exceptional ones, with attention to service that was white glove, and with a smile. Mediocre ones and those that have lost their "touch" and are aging. This is one of the latter. Sadly.

There are a dozen properties around the airport area (Marriotts included). I have often stayed here because of the "5-Star" experience. I won't be back, ever.

Room Tip: East side is better.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Kevin H, Front Office Manager at Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2017

Thank you for your review regarding your recent experience at the Denver Airport Marriott. I am very sorry to hear of your experience not meeting our expectations in many areas throughout your stay. Your review will be shared with each and every team of the hotel to ensure we are using this to address and prevent such issues in the future. On behalf of the entire team, I sincerely apologize for your unpleasant experience and we hope we can have another opportunity in the future to provide you with the Marriott experience we both expect. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and your loyalty with Marriott. Have safe travels!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 15, 2017

I was at the end of my rope when I arrived at this hotel by mistake. I was supposed to go to Quality Holiday Inn for which I had a voucher because of a missed flight. While at the airport, the Marriott shuttle driver told me that his was the right shuttle for me to take. When I was at the doorsteps of the Marriott, however, he told me I should take a cab to go to Quality Holiday Inn and he then denied that he ever told me that I should take his shuttle! Before this incident happened, I had already been through quite a lot of missed flights, rescheduling, dealing with United and their lack of accommodation of female customers.

While in the shuttle, I called Quality Holiday Inn and was told that in order for them to pick me up, I have to go back to the airport, which is a 15 min ride, then wait for their shuttle, which may take 15-20 mins, and go to the hotel, which is another 15-20 mins. Having heard this, I went to the reception desk at the Marriott and talked to the young man at the reception desk. In a cracking voice and with some tears in my eyes, I told him briefly my situation. He quickly went back to talk to his manager. The manager, Tommy, arrived, and all of a sudden all my problems disappeared! He was so wonderful to me in offering to take the voucher I had for the other hotel. The rest of the staff, two other young women, accommodated my needs quickly! Then one of the women in the restaurant was also extra accommodating. I just cannot express my gratitude enough to the staff at the hotel! Thank you on behalf of all women in need!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Kevin H, Front Office Manager at Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

Thank you so much for writing a 5-star review regarding your recent experience at the Denver Airport Marriott! I am very sorry to hear of your airline troubles you experienced here in Denver. However, I am very happy to see we were able to accommodate you for your overnight stay during the difficult times. Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope we can host you again next time you are in Denver!

Warm Regards,