“Happy our Applebees is in a different time zone”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #17 of 749 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Arrived late in Aurora and needed a quick choice for dinner. Using the GPS we located a nearby Applebees. Our quick choice while traveling is always a chain location. Normally a pretty safe pick.

The GPS took us to the selected location, but didn’t warn us about the infinitely brilliant attempt to prevent left turns executed by the Denver area traffic control engineers. Luckily no one was coming out of the parking lot as we came in. Governments! Hey Denver, UPS gave up the no left turn idea a few months after finding it didn’t work.

We almost always get the “Two for Twenty” deal as it is normally a great choice. Checking the menu we found no recognizable entrees. I settled on “Pork Ribblets” with “Texas spicy” BBQ sauce. Donna finally picked the “Chicken Cavatappi” because she likes Chicken Carchofi with its artichoke hearts.

My ribblets were covered in a BBQ sauce that would make Kansas City sauce taste bitter. I don’t think anybody working for a Colorado Applebees has ever been to Texas. Donna’s plate consisted of a piece (two ounces would be a generous description) of grilled chicken breast laying on top of a large pile of some kind of strange, curly, tubular pasta cooked well past al dente. The sauce appeared to be a cream sauce with a small measure of finely chopped spinach blended in and no recognizable sign of any form of artichoke heart. We were underwhelmed to say the least.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

You know, most Applebee's are pretty much the same. The different being the service. And I have to say, the service here was very good. Our food was good. Our waitress was attentive without being overbearing. Very good.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

The food was delicious. I had the bourbon street chicken and shrimp and the beer cheese pretzel appetizer. The cheese dip was the best I've had of all the Applebee's I've been to. The bar server was fantastic! Just a wonderful lady - Alex I think was her name.

1  Thank jrizz423
Reviewed 24 July 2017

We went during happy hour on a Wednesday night. Kids eat for $1. My wife and I ordered the 2 for $20 and I had a $4 beverage. You can't beat the price to feed your family. The cost with tip was $30. Food was decent, but the value was outstanding.

1  Thank DustyBearMSU
Reviewed 19 July 2017

I love Applebee's! They always have great food and are constantly updating the menu, which I love because there's always something new to try!... and of course Bottomless fries are great, too!

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!