“Decent Food”
Review of Real De Minas

Real De Minas
Ranked #134 of 862 Restaurants in Aurora
Reviewed November 30, 2017 via mobile

Food was decent. Service was good. Complimentary chips and salsa were good. Place appeared clean.
Ordered combo plate, asked for green chili on everything, the kitchen still put red on enchilada. Not a big deal. Food came out hot.
Would go back again. Menu prices were reasonable.

Reviewed November 8, 2017

We arrived at 11:00 ish am, we have at break at work for lunchtime. Place wasn't very full hence, service was fast. Really fast. I got cheese enchiladas. I think they were by far the best enchiladas I ever had. No kidding. Tons of good, tasty cheese, spinach, a full body sauce that didn't give me heartburn. It was a nice, rounded sauce with good quality veggies. I am looking forward to returning to this place soon!

Reviewed August 27, 2017

We've eaten at this Real de Minas many times over the years. I don't know if the management/owner has changed, but we didn't recognize any of the staff tonight. We arrived at approximately 5:50 PM tonight (Sunday) the patio area was busy, but it's not very large. We were seated inside where there were maybe three other tables where people appeared to have ordered and/or were actually eating. Chips and salsa were brought to our table and our waiter arrived to take drink orders. Shortly after getting our drinks, we ordered. I ordered the chicken chile rellenos which I've had many times and my husband ordered one of the steak dinners. After waiting 30 minutes, I went and found our server who said, "I was just coming to talk to you. We're really short staffed in the kitchen tonight." The waiter came back a few minutes later and told us he had put a "priority" on our food. Come to find out, after OVER 30 MINUTES OF WAITING, the kitchen had NOT EVEN STARTED ON OUR FOOD. The waiter apologized, but no manager came to talk with us nor did the waiter offer to buy us dessert or pay for our drinks (sodas) as one would expect when the service is so poor. After waiting another 15 minutes (45 MINUTES OR MORE SINCE ORDERING) without a return visit from the waiter or a first visit by the manager, we left money for the sodas on the table and left. Sadly (because we did like their food), WE WILL NOT RETURN.

1  Thank Kimberly W
Reviewed June 7, 2017

The cheese enchilada was ground up tasteless white cheese. The beef looked like it was chopped up in a blender, not shredded. The booth seats were dirty and the chairs looked they have never been washed.

Reviewed May 12, 2017

Went to this place for early dinner. The chips and salsa were also complimented with a wonderfully thick bean dip. I mixed some with the salsa, yummy!
I had the Pork Burrito de Verde special. It was large and filled with tender chunks of roasted pork. Very verry good!
The gal who served us (also was the bartender), is a nice as one could ask for in a restaurant.
Great place. You need to go there!

Been to Real De Minas? Share your experiences!