“Good food, big portions, good price”
Review of L & L Hawaiian BBQ

L & L Hawaiian BBQ
Ranked #42 of 836 Restaurants in Aurora
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed October 28, 2017

Get the traditional Plate Lunch. Scoop of macaroni salad island style, 2 scoops rice, big portion of protein (chicken, seafood, SPAM etc whatever you want) and their homemade sauces.

The portion of just chicken for my Katsu plate was about 3 orders worth of Chick-Fil-A right across the street, cooked and (especially) seasoned better.

There's a line out the door most of the day, but they work fast.....not Chick-Fil-A fast on the drive-through, but less than 10 minutes For a far better and bigger meal with no bland pre-packaged sauces

I'm a regular now, half my Plate Lunch is my Plate Dinner when I get off work late at night.

Reviewed October 8, 2017

I was re-introduced to L&L just recently and honestly I can't sing enough praises about the food. The flavors are absolutely delicious and I have yet to eat something I haven't liked. The prices really aren't that bad either when you think about all of the food you're getting.

The only issue with this place is crowding. The location itself is fairly small and they are busy pretty much from opening to closing. If you just decide to walk in, you should expect to run into a line with a solid 25-30min wait for your food. My suggestion would be to call your order in ahead of time to lessen the blow a little bit.
The food is worth waiting for, but the wait can be a bit exhausting. Especially if you go in really hungry.

Reviewed September 15, 2017

We went and both had the sliders plate (2 sliders served with cabbage. Taste was ok. We also had a side of egg rolls which also were average. The line went out the door for people waiting to order. It looks like a very popular local place for lunch. I would go back if in the area but would not drive specifically to the restaurant.

Reviewed August 29, 2017 via mobile

We had seen several L & L Hawaiian BBQ diners in Hawaii. It is not even close to a Midwest or Texas BBQ, but it was a good inexpensive place to eat for lunch. The plentiful ono was lightly dipped in flour seasoning and was cooked to perfection. Brown rice was an option and was served on raw cabbage. I was pleased to have a healthy delicious option available. The poem and garlic shrimp plate was flavorful and also quite good. Lunch was about $25, good for Hawaii.
Food is served in styrofoam to go boxes with plastic forks and atmosphere is "fast food" dining. But there is value for one's budget.

Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

Got a taste for good Polynesian/ Hawaiian food? check our L & L. Nice varied menu and quick friendly service. This Aurora, Colorado Location is always busy; especially on the weekends.. You can tell the locals love it ! Always get the two meat Combo plate, Never disappointed.