“Worth the Stop”

El Toro
Ranked #7 of 44 Restaurants in Alachua
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 3, 2017

I had friends talk about this place so we stopped for lunch. The food was fresh and their salsa is homemade and very good. We each ordered something different off the lunch menu and we all enjoyed it very much! My sister says the vegetarian tacos are delicious!

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed May 29, 2017

My favorite is usually on the Nightly Chef Specials -- Shrimp Tacos. I have them every time we visit. The servers are very friendly, helpful, and patient when someone has a lot of questions.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed March 7, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in for dinner around 8pm on a Tuesday. The complimentary fresh homemade salsa was delicious and we also ordered the homemade white queso dip which was great too. I ordered the San Diego dinner (a chicken burrito and chicken enchilada topped with white sauce and cheese and a bed taco served with Spanish rice topped with chili con queso and refried beans)band my husband ordered the San Francisco dinner (a beef burrito and beef enchilada topped with chili sauce and cheese and a chicken taco served with black beans over Spanish rice) and both meals were delicious. The portions were so large that we could easily have eaten the leftovers for lunch the next day. The food was fresh and hot. Oldies music was softly playing in the restaurant and was the perfect volume to hear the music without it interfering with conversations. Our server Sandra was very friendly and attentive. Overall a great meal. We live in the area and definitely plan to return.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed January 5, 2017

Great food but they have dropped their best items - the lunch crunch. It was just the right size and price for lunch. The Lunch Menu is too much food for lunch and it is too expensive. $8 plus drink and you are over $10 plus then a tip and suddenly Lunch is a $12 - $13 affair.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed December 29, 2016 via mobile

We went for lunch and they skimped on the meal. I love Mexican food and when I ordered the burrito at this location compared to others the burrito was half the size. With 2 quarter pieces of tomatoes, an inch round of rice and 5 pieces of shredded lettuce and some beans. The chicken and spinach burrito was bland with no sauce or cheese. The only decent thing was the special, a Cuban quesadilla.

Date of visit: December 2016

Been to El Toro? Share your experiences!