“One of a kind experience!!”

Ginny's and Jane E's Cafe and Coastal Store
Ranked #3 of 24 Restaurants in Anna Maria
Price range: US$3 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: We are located in the Historic City of Anna Maria, a quaint "Old Florida" area on the north end of Anna Maria Island. Our store is a unique collection of local art and interesting finds. We provide beach supplies, like suntan lotion, sunglasses, flip flops and other items to help you have fun and stay comfortable while at the beach. At Ginny's & Jane E's you will hear the sound of people enjoying a meal together with their friends and neighbors. Our cafe offers you a great breakfast and lunch menu. We bake our yummy cinnamon rolls from scratch each morning. We focus on fresh and natural ingredients. All our oink, clocks and moo's are the preservative and chemical free, from cage free eggs, no hormone and steroid free chickens ,to grass fed beef, we care about what we serve.
Reviewed October 17, 2017

What a very interesting place to visit while at AMI. Pink as well as bamboo bicycles hanging from thee ceiling,beautifully decorated lamps and many unimaginable items that only someone with alot of talent could have made. Our breakfast omelette as well were very good.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,330)

Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

Another recommendation for our stay on AMI. Sadly it also didn't live up to its reputation either.

When we ordered (after we'd paid) we were told there would be a 30min wait for food. I may have changed my mind at that point had we not already paid as my 4 year old was already very hungry.

In the end we waited for over 50mins for what can only be described as scrambled egg with chopped sausage, peppers and onions rolled up in a burrito. How can breakfast take 50mins to prepare regardless of how busy you are?!

By this stage the place was nearly empty and the guy who brought the food to the table - in response to our comment that we'd waited 50mins - stated that the wait for food was now at 90mins! Really??!!

Some serious kitchen staffing issues or broken processes must have been to blame as I've never experienced anything like this in all my years of both working in the restaurant business and dining out.

Paul and Tammy F, Owner at Ginny's and Jane E's Cafe and Coastal Store, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

Hi Schmacks. Thank you for your review. I will speak with our servers about quoting you the time after you ordered your food. We do try to quote times before you order, but sounds like in your instance, we failed. We do at times get extremely busy, although 50 minutes is very long for us. When we are extremely busy 30-35 minutes is the normal, and normally run 15 to 20. We have never been 90 minutes, so something was misunderstood, and I am sorry for that. Nothing was broke down in our systems. In our style of cafe, our amount of seats do not control the amount of orders we receive and at times we out pace our seats with orders. Quite normally, we see them spread out, but we have times where our customers all come in at once. The chairs being empty when you received your food, simply reflects you were at the end of that line. I am sorry we did not quote you a more accurate time, or quote you before you ordered. We are busy because we care about our customers and the food we serve them. I'm sorry you did not experience this. Enjoy the rest of your time on the island.

Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

This is a very special place and if you are visiting the area I would strongly recommend you take some time to grab a bite to eat, browse the interesting offerings for sale and soak up the atmosphere at Ginny's & Jane E's.

I've wanted to visit since I began planning my trip to Florida over a year ago, and, like conjuring a mental image when reading a good book I had a feeling of how this cafe would be long before I actually arrived.....reality was even better than my fondest expectations.

This is a beautifully laid back, warm and welcoming, delightfully unusual and interesting cafe and store which is easy to find with ample parking. The cafe/bakery menu is varied enough to suit every taste, we had the cuban sandwich with fries and a chicken caesar salad together with superb iced lattes. The portions were generous although not too large to be off-putting, the food was fresh and delicious, the staff were friendly and helpful.

The cafe and store blend effortlessly, there are so many gorgeous gifts and quirky items for sale - I couldn't help but purchase a couple of ocean themed souvenirs to remind myself of the day I visited the fabulous Ginny's & Jane E's. I hope to be lucky enough to return some day.

1  Thank jaylou777
Reviewed October 13, 2017

Have visited Anna Maria island twice and have eaten in this place on both occasions. The restaurant is right at the back of the gift shop and offers a great range of food and drinks. Food portions are quite large and the food is just perfect.

Reviewed October 12, 2017

Did not eat here but my daughters family loves this place. We browsed & shopped, lots of cute, quaint & useful items.