“Baked ziti the way we remember it.”

Vinny & Cheryl's Italian Kitchen
Cuisines: Deli, Italian
Description: Gourmet Take-out Lunch and Dinner Italian Bakery, Deli, Italian Market, Pizzeria and Catering for all accasion
Reviewed October 6, 2017

40 years ago my wife and I would visit a restaurant in the Bronx we affectionately referred to as "The Little Italian Place." We would always order the baked ziti and whatever the special of the day was. But it's the ziti we so fondly remember and could never come close to finding again...until we went to Vinny & Cheryl's Italian Kitchen. Suddenly we were 21 again. Perfectly prepared and delicious revealing layers and layers of flavor with each forkful. The chicken parmigiana was excellent as well with a completely different sauce from the ziti. The bread was fantastic and the pastries wonderful. A word of caution: do not be in a hurry. This food is prepared when ordered and with care and I suspect a good bit of love. Call ahead and take it home.

1  Thank ThePond

Reviewed September 27, 2017

I had a wonderful lunch from Vinnie & Cheryl's today. I asked for a vegan, no-oil sandwich. John created a masterpiece...fresh tomatoes, peppers, olives, water sautéed squash and spinach...truly one of the best sandwiches I've ever eaten on Vinnie's excellent bread. Food is always great and staff is so very accommodating!

1  Thank rauchra
Reviewed September 20, 2017

I recently got a to-go order from Vinny and Cheryl's. I am typically disappointed by what most restaurants offer as far as Italian Food goes these days... However, I was very pleased with our Pizza and sandwiches - I hope this place stays on the island since we go there a lot and will definitely return here again. Nick Faratro- Riverview, FL

Reviewed August 30, 2017

My husband and I were in Holmes Beach on Anna Maria Island the second week of August. We were having such a wonderful time at the beach, we not want to leave to go to dinner. So, we called and placed an order at Vinny and Cheryl's. We were born and raised on Long Island and since moving to St. Louis, we miss veal Parmesan the way we know it to be. We were not disappointed. DELICIOUS. Vinny is from Jersey and Cheryl is from Brooklyn! You do not get more authentic quality Italian food than that! The sauce was fabulous, the veal, fork tender and great mozzarella cheese. We also ordered spaghetti in a garlic/butter sauce. Very very good. There is a Dominoes pizza on the island....but don't waste your time! Go to Vinny and Cheryl's Italian Kitchen for the real thing!

3  Thank Donna C
Reviewed August 25, 2017

We went the other day... 3 medium loaves, 7 pastries, one coke, one small bottle of orange and a San Bitter drink..... $45.50!!!

Say no more...