“Best food you ever had in a little hole in the wall”
Review of Poppo's Taqueria

Poppo's Taqueria
Ranked #7 of 24 Restaurants in Anna Maria
Price range: US$3 - US$11
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 3, 2018

Fresh ingredients in made-to-order tacos with artisanal beer, soda and ice cream, served by friendly young people eager to please. A Millenial's dream! And a fast, affordable choice for anyone who puts flavor over affect.

Reviewed December 19, 2017

We all loved our tacos, burritos & bowls. The ingredient are fresh. The restaurant is clean. My husband enjoyed a draft beer. We sat outside in a covered porch. The staff was friendly and attentive.

Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

We passed this place a few times and finally decided to give it a go for a late lunch. What can I say about this place, don't expect fine dining.
Really liked this place and we sat outside the place in front of the huge fans and had our lunch.
The staff were really friendly, food was delicious, hot, filling and cheap. What more do you want!

Reviewed October 27, 2017

The ordering process is similar to Chipotle but the food is better, especially the chips - made fresh when you order. I used to eat at Chipotle every week, sometimes multiple times but since I discovered Poppo's (spring 2017), I have only eaten at Chipotle once. The ingredients are always fresh and look and taste very appetizing. I'm sad that the price of guacamole is high right now and hope that it drops back to being more reasonable soon. I love it. The folks at the AMI location are usually not friendly. You think they might be especially when we visit during off season and the place is empty. We consistently receive great service from all staff at the St Rt 70 location in Bradenton. I've only been to the St Rt 64/West Bradenton location once, not friendly. I've also been to the UTC location once - very friendly. Would be a 5 star if all locations offered consistent friendly service.

1  Thank Cyndi L
Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

Sadly this place was by far the worst food we had on the island and most of it ended in the bin.

Ordered online and drove the 5 mins to the restaurant, our food was already being slopped into tacos etc but waited another 10 mins for them to finish getting our take away ready.

By the time we were home every thing was a sloppy mess.

There was food missing,no difference between the chicken or beef dishes. Both equally salty.

Probably not surprising when we look back and were asked to pay at the bar. Pointing out we ordered and paid online (although were asked numerous times about what exactly we had ordered) the guy behind the counter did offer up the fact it was his first time doing this. I asked 'you mean the till or the food?' He replied BOTH

Wish I had taken a photo.

Waste of money.