1,259 results
All reviews cookies quiche breakfast was delicious main building wine and cheese old mansion b bs bed and breakfast in town french toast forgotten coast george island oysters each morning small town shops and restaurants second floor
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Very old and authentic looking. The place is in 3 different buildings and you may have to carry your luggage up stairs. There was road noise and noise from next room ( thin walls). Our room smelled musty, did not have any comfortable place to sit and lighting wasn't great. Breakfast was fine and staff accommodating. If you want atmosphere above creature comforts, pay extra and stay here.

Room Tip: First floor or main building if you don't want to go outside to get to breakfast or have to carry luggage upstairs.
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Sharing with you an email to the owner:

Hello,
Please share this email with the owner. Since you are inviting feedback via the email below I wanted to let you know that this is hands down the worst bed and breakfast that I have ever stayed in - and I travel frequently. My partner and I stayed with you April 3rd - April 6th, 2014. Here is my feedback:

1. Not to attack personality, but because I want women in small business to succeed I will say that the manager (woman with short black hair??) is very unfriendly). When I tried to give you feedback about our unhappiness with first room we stayed in (hemingway) you just stared at me. Tip - say your sorry that the wifi was not working and offer to make up for it with a credit of some kind. Since you adversities Wifi as an amenity, it is your duty to ensure it is working properly. Instead we had to spend 45 minutes figuring out how to make it work before realizing it would not. Instead you just looked annoyed.

2. The room that we moved to on the second day was not well cleaned, there were stains on the chair and a thin layer of dust over everything, including the coffee maker. When the room was cleaned, no toilet paper was provided, even though it was evident the roll was running out. So late it night we had to take toilet paper from an unoccupied room to make it by.

3. Breakfast - our second morning my partner found hair in his food. The 3rd morning the staff informed me there was no vegetarian breakfast - even though I had clearly indicated I am a vegetarian on the reservation. When I asked them why, they looked unbelievably annoyed.

4. Your cleaning staff plays loud music from the garage in the morning ... really?

To sum up, we as guests paying you money, always felt like we were a burden and annoying you and your staff. If you are going to be in this business you have to have the right attitude and bring your A game every day. We saw the C- game. We just wanted a weekend away, a break for stressful professions and to be left a lone. Instead it was one problem after another and everyone time we had to come back to this BB at the end of the day I always felt depressed.

The purpose of this email is not to be spiteful - I was genuinely shocked by this terrible experience and did not share more with the manager after the first day as I saw you were not receptive to it. But per your email below, I will rate your hotel, and share with the guide book where I found you my experience as well. I write this in an attempt to give you insight on a consumers experience and so you might use it to improve.

14  Thank Danielle P
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We were delighted to stay at the Coombs house again. It remains a lovely place to experience old Florida charm, and to be close to what is left of Florida coast, wildlife, and archtecture. The staff as always were wonderful. I highly recommend it to those who wish to escape Disney World and South Beach, and have a true picture of what the state is/was like, and what Florida hospitality is at its best.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad one!
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We had an amazing time at the Coombs house. Everyone was so kind and welcoming and the Coombs Room #8 that we stayed in had a fantastic bed and huge bathroom with jacuzzi tub. We got a great recommendation for dinner and used their free bikes for a morning bike ride, working off a delicious breakfast. We can't wait to return. I just loved waking up in that room....like being a princess. Thank you Coombs House!

Room Tip: Number 8 was The Bomb
1  Thank loriann57
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This was a very relaxing bed and breakfast. Very clean , comfortable and friendly. Highly recommend! We were traveling from Daytona to Hilton Head , SC and stopped for a few days to enjoy some oysters and relax! Great couple of days. Property was wonderful!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple