We usually stay at the Apalachicola River Inn, but they were booked for our last minute family beach trip. I don't know why, but I guess I was expecting a Best Western in Apalachicola to resemble something more like a motel, so I was a little wary. But this was very nice! It is blocks from the town center and on the same road as a Piggly Wiggly and a CVS Pharmacy. Our room appeared to have just been remodeled in tasteful colors and finishes that don't look like they'll be out of style in 5 years (like you see in some other "remodeled" hotels). The refrigerator was spacious and kept things very cold. It actually froze our bottle of milk overnight, but I didn't mind. I would rather have it be too cold than not cold enough, as I have experienced in other hotels. The microwave came in handy for warming up leftovers. We did not partake of the breakfast, but we did stop by as we checked out, and it looked like a nice spread. We did not try the pool, so I cannot comment on that. Overall, we were very pleasantly surprised!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at this charming hotel in the Gulf Coast community of Apalachicola, Florida known for the friendly people and unspoiled natural resources.The Best Western Apalach Inn, located in the panhandle of Florida, offers hotel guests easy access to miles of pristine beaches, excellent fishing, golf and acres of National and State Forests to explore. Hotel guests are just minutes from St. George Island Beach, the Apalachicola River and St. Joseph Peninsula Stated Park. All well-appointed guest rooms feature high speed Internet access and cable satellite television with HBO®. Hotel amenities include a complimentary full hot breakfast, an outdoor swimming pool, free parking and exterior corridors. While in Apalachicola, hotel guests may choose to feast on some of the fresh seafood that Apalachicola is famous for. Take a day and explore the Marianna Caverns or the Wakula Springs, both situated a couple hours drive from the hotel. Families will especially love the Fun Center, just 7 miles away or spending the day on any of the nearby Florida beaches. Other nearby attractions to explore include the Gorrie Museum and Cape San Blass. Make an online reservation today and save at the Best Western Apalach Inn in Apalachicola, Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Best Western, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Apalach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Apalachicola
- Apalachicola Best Western