See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

To say this was "absolutely horrible" doesn't really begin to cover it! We returned Saturday June 23rd from a cruise and wanted to spend another day at the beach before returning home. I booked this hotel because of it's location. I reserved two non smoking rooms. When we checked in (early) only one room was ready. This room smelled awful! It smelled horribly of smoke. I reported it and reminded the lady at the front desk that I reserved non smoking rooms. She claimed it was supposed to be non and that if I wanted her to she could come spray something in there. Really?? I can't cover all the issues in this review... it would take too long. Some items were: bathtub didn't drain, toilet had trouble flushing, toilet handle broken, hardware in rooms rusted, mildew/mold on ceilings, spider webs in corners, brown smears and dirt on doors and walls, dirty washcloth from previous guest left on shower rod, stains on carpet, and many more. I failed to check the reviews prior to booking this hotel which I normally don't do or I would have stayed far away from this one. Oh...and pool was closed. After all all of this was reported to staff on multiple occasions including check out, the person working the front desk claimed she would issue me a partial credit but this has never been done. I have filed a formal complaint with Choice Hotels since that was partly why I booked this hotel as well. To date the manager/owner still has not returned my call. And when all of this was explained yet again today to another person working she offered no remedy. Her explanation was "well, our rates are the lowest in the area". OMG

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank kathleenm657
Tejal P, Public Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Mayport, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

The hotel has undergone a change of ownership and the rooms have been completely renovated. Our pool area, lobby and breakfast has been renovated also. We assure you that your experience will be very different on your next visit.

Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here and it really wasn't as bad as some people make it sound. There is some cigarette odor in the lobby, but only at night and that's because there is an awesome little pub attached.The bartender Keith was great. My room was nothing fancy, but it was clean. I had no problem with the WiFi on my devices.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank krymzonblade
Anita K, Front Desk at Econo Lodge Mayport, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2018

I would like to sincerely thank you for sharing your feedback. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.
Anita

Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

Hotel room 114
Lobby smell like cigarette smoke
Hair in bathtub and floor
Floor wet
Dogs barking all day and night non-stop like we were in a kennel
First floor non smoking two people next door in room 116 with chairs outside room chain smokers seeps in room
Blood stains on sheets
Peeling paint throughout room
1/4 roll of tp
Policy driven dump. ie: requested a room clean before returning from surgery 11 and first response was no we have a system
Made a note that we had surgery and asked for a quiet corner. They put us between two families that had kids, were related , and smoked like fiends. Did I mention the dog that barks non-stop.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark S
Tejal P, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Mayport, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

Mark, thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. The hotel has been completely renovated and our new rooms and public spaces are 100% non-smoking. The lobby and breakfast area renovations are almost complete. All the beds and furniture have been replaced in all of the renovated rooms. We also have DirecTV HD and a 50" LED TV in our rooms. We hope you give us another chance to serve you on your next visit to Atlantic Beach or Jacksonville.

Reviewed April 29, 2018

After a day's bike ride, I was happy to find a room at a motel close to the St Johns River Ferry. The room was okay. It was good that I had an extension cord because the electrical outlets near the bed didn't work. The wifi signal kept on dropping and you had to sign in a lot.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Tejal P, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Mayport, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2018

Thank you for staying with us. Could you please email admin@mayporthotel.com with the room number that you stayed in so we can investigate the WIFI issue. We are undergoing phased renovations at the hotel. Renovation times are limited from 9 am to 5 pm. We are undergoing a complete renovation of the guestrooms. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope you stay with us again.

Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

Walking into the lobby should've been a warning. The smell of cigarette smoke was overwhelming. There was a sign for "renovations in progress", but still. The room was no different. There was no table or workstation in the room and I never could or did connect to the free wiki. The bedspread had cigarette burns in it and the carpets really should be cleaned. The only reason that we stayed was it was the only rooms available on extremely short notice. When I got home, I touched nothing and went straight to the shower.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Michael C

Michael, I assure you that all of the issues that have mentioned in your review have been addressed. We have undergone a ownership change and along with that an extensive renovation of all areas of our hotel. We have expanded our breakfast and added more amenities in the guestroom. We hope you stay with us again. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.