“Great pizza”

Add it.
Giovanni's Pizza
Ranked #33 of 56 Restaurants in Auburndale
Reviewed February 17, 2016

If you want pizza like you use to get in New York or New England, this is the place for you. Just a small take out place but is the best pizza around!

Reviewed February 17, 2016 via mobile

... let me explain:

I used to come here when this place was the Auburndale Pizza Company. Back then, the place had a romantic Sicilian vibe, the bathroom was clean and decorated attractively, and the food was gourmet quality and worth every penny to dine in, dive in, and enjoy!

Now? Eeh...

I found coupons in a flyer, so we decided to order a couple of entrees to go. Now, don't get me wrong, the food was very good- I definitely recommend the eggplant parmesan- but the place is kind of awful. The staff seemed nice, mind you, but the restaurant, bathroom, and even the door were falling apart. I felt like I'd walked into a movie set in some sleazy corner of New York where, any minute, some thug was supposed to come in waving a gun.

My advice? Call ahead and get there when it's ready, then take it home and watch a movie while you enjoy their superb eggplant parmesan.

Reviewed August 18, 2015

Pizza was old and reheated with fresh cheese thrown over the old pizza. When I asked them about it I was told the crust had torn and they were just covering the hole.

Reviewed June 20, 2015

Working in the area over weekend, lost track of time so it was 2:45 before we broke for lunch, drove into downtown Auburndale to find a quaint pizzeria called Giovanni's. It's is an old style converted gas station but very clean. Older gentleman waited on us with quick service and insight to the menu. Pizza was a 18" hand made pizza , great taste, enjoyed the experience !