“So very sorry for your bad experience!”
Review of Quickie Restaurant

Quickie Restaurant
Ranked #114 of 189 Restaurants in Albany
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Description: We are a full service restaurant. We pride ourselves in making everything we serve from scratch. In fact, we have no mixes in the store whatsoever. This includes buttermilk biscuits and pancakes. We know our customers appreciate this and knowing their food was cooked when they ordered it, not an hour before. We have an extensive menu including breakfast*all day, lunch and dinner. We have 8 vegetable choices on our daily menu along with extra sides to accompany our entrees. Our best seller is the hamburger steak with grilled onions and gravy and our hand breaded country fried steak as a close second! We also make old fashioned cakes, pies and cobblers everyday!
Reviewed September 17, 2017

So very sorry for your bad experience and a customer for over 40 years never had anything like happened to me. Space great food great price Great customer service prom again I think you'll find their growth great folks.

Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

Great food, good choices and service well above excellent. Must eat there often.You will think the prices are awful low for what is own your plate. Forget the diet, Enjoy the feast.

Tamara L, Owner at Quickie Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2017

Appreciate the kind words!

Reviewed December 30, 2016

My daughter and I went on election day and sat for fifteen minutes before anyone even took our drink order. But the food was excellent: she had huge crispy fried pork chops; my veggie omelet and hash browns were perfect - nicely browned, crispy, fresh tasting and delicious. Went back today (12-30-16) looking forward to the same meal again, but was shockingly disappointed: omelet soggy with slab of congealed unmelted cheese, hash browns soggy with the unmistakable odor of bat droppings - I'm 100% certain of it because I recently had to rid my attic of the things and it's an odor you never forget - so they really, REALLY, should take a look at where they're storing food - very disgusting. Wifey said her food was "so-so" and she'd probably never go back. I felt queasy the rest of the day, went home and downed a big spoonful of fresh ginger to kill whatever - just in case. So this is yet another typically inconsistent place that Awful-bany/Dirty County has become so infamous for - in my humble opinion. God bless, and good luck with your dining in this town...you're gonna need it.

Tamara L, Owner at Quickie Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2017

I am truly sorry and very disappointed in our inability to meet your expectations. I would like to ask you to respond as to the time frame you were dining, so that I may pinpoint who was cooking and what exactly could be the issue causing the problem? I can however assure you we follow all holding temperatures guildelines and am wondering if it could be an issue of what else would have been cooking on the grill while your hashbrowns were cooking?? I would appreciate your response. I love my restaurant and would like to fix this issue asap. I would also hope you accept my apology and allow us the opportunity to make this right. Thanks and Happy New Year!

Reviewed October 13, 2016

The food there is okay, the price is right. I rarely go there but I prefer it for breakfast food. The other lunch and dinner food items are not very good. The restaurant is laid out weird and the staff fights a lot.

Tamara L, Owner at Quickie Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2016

I would appreciate a one on one with you concerning your comments. I've worked tirelessly to turn the Quickie Restaurant into a place that locals appreciate and would frequent. So, this concerns me greatly. Contact me, Tamara, as soon as you could. Thanks

Reviewed October 1, 2016

It is a dinner or a dive, and they don't have standout dishes and it regular food prepared by a short order cook. So if you are looking for a chef or some kind of stand out dishes that you have to come back for on a regular basis, this is not your place. It is okay for a quick bite if you are hungry but with other good places to choose from why would you go there. I would rather go to a waffle house. Not sure what to say about the service other than they must be family and don't care or maybe they hate owners and they want the business to fail. Of course as a waiter you really earn your own living by how well you take care of your customers.

Our food is all home cooked, from recipes we were taught from our Mom's and Grandma's. We use no mixes or pre cooked or prebreaded items, whatsoever. We use only fresh ground hand patted beef and pork chops cut by a local meat market and buttermilk biscuits and pancakes made from flour and sugar and buttermilk, not a boxed mix. Also, peas, creamed corn, greens and hand peeled mashed potatoes, to name a few. We may not have a signature dish, but we do care about the quality of the many items we serve. Cakes and pies and cobblers made in store daily, from scratch, such as Italian cream, Hummingbird, Caramel, Red velvet and about 20 others. Our way may not be for everyone, but we try. This is why what we do is important and hope we can earn your favor in the future. Feel free to contact me anytime!

Been to Quickie Restaurant? Share your experiences!