“Amazing and Unexpectedly Refined!”
Review of The Rocket

The Rocket
Ranked #17 of 194 Restaurants in Albany
Price range: US$6 - US$21
Description: The Rocket is a retro style diner and a unique eatery that offers, outta this world burgers, awesome salads, hand crafted sandwiches, daily specials, unique entrees including, seafood, pasta, killer pork chops & steaks, plus over the moon milkshakes. We offer an extensive list of unique sodas, wines and beers. We look forward to seeing you at the Rocket
Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

It looks like a fun diner, but the menu has incredible depth beyond burgers, to crepes and one of the most delicious ribeye steaks that would rival any 5 star establishment. My somewhat picky “Burger Connoisseur” raved about her cheeseburger, served on Texas toast, as is her preference. Even the fries and onion rings are remarkable, which I can’t say very often. It is the ribeye, however, that steals the show. Not a thin diner steak, but a high end cut, tender and well seasoned. Easily the best steak in Albany, if not all of South Georgia. Coupled with great service and a chef who frequents the front of the house, occasionally offering tastings of potential new menu items, The Rocket is my new favorite place to eat, and I haven’t even sampled the shakes yet...

Date of visit: September 2018
Timothy U, Owner at The Rocket, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

Hi, I want to thank you for your outta this world review. I appreciate your comments and our team & I work very hard to deliver outta this world food and awesome service.
Thank you and look forward to your next visit to the Rocket!!

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

The burger was huge and the fries were delicious! I was totally expecting the fries to be salty but they WEREN'T they weren't even greasy! It was so good, you really get a lot of fries also with your order.

Date of visit: August 2018
Timothy U, Manager at The Rocket, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2018

Deidre,
Thank your comments. I am glad that you had an outer orbit experience at the Rocket.

Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

When the rocket was here years ago I never went... I don't know why...but I'm glad I finally made it! The food is extremely fresh and portions HUGE! They are known for their milkshakes and my children nor I were disappointed. I love the customer service, esp with each other.

Date of visit: August 2018
Timothy U, Owner at The Rocket, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Mrs. Ware229,
Thank for coming to the Rocket and I am glad that you enjoyed your visit to the rocket.

Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

In town on our way to the beach and my husband wanted a burger. This place popped up on my Trip Advisor search and was really close to our hotel. We ordered take out since we were traveling with our dogs. He got the when pigs fly burger and I had the chicken salad sandwich. Both were prepared perfectly and were delicious. The tots and fries were really good too! Online ordering was very easy and convenient. Would definitely eat at The Rocket again.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank kellyp733
Timothy U, Owner at The Rocket, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2018

Kelly P,

Glad you enjoyed your visit to the Rocket...I love When Pigs Fly and our chicken salad....Thank you for taking the time to write a review and stop in any time your in Albany.

Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

Great service and wonderful food everything was so delicious great experience! Would highly recommend!

Date of visit: May 2018
Timothy U, Owner at The Rocket, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2018

Donna W

We love our burgers too and glad you had an outta this world experience.

Tim

Been to The Rocket? Share your experiences!