“Charges extra, noisy, tried to cut short our reservation and lied to us about it”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta Alpharetta
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
Kissimmee
Reviewed 21 January 2008

Horrible staff, customer service is a word known to them, they told us one rate at reservation then later changed to another rate without informing us and front desk decided to cut short our trip without telling us about it either, also they also don't observe Martin Luther King Jr day since there were several color people complaining about breakfast not being available after 9am and manager told them sorry we don't consider that a holiday, to me it seemed racist of them.
Noisy rooms, you hear all the laughter from the bar while trying to sleep.
Never staying in this hotel again it should have 1 to 2 stars not 3.

• Liked — big rooms
  • Disliked — noise, poor customer service, staff lies, changed our reservations, charged us more than the reservations, doesn't observe Martin Luther King Jr day
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank califalcon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 December 2007

I stayed at the Embassy off and on from September '07 through November '07 for business. The hotel was clean and service was prompt and friendly. The Embassy offers free breakfast and a happy hour, which is a nice perk. The few things I had issues with were:

The pillows - they were like huge lumps of foam. Not comfortable at all.

Status recognition - I am a diamond member yet they did not put my requests for a King bed above non-status customers. I don't feel that they really ever recognized my status compared to other hotels. I was even put in a wheelchair accessible room, which I hate due to the way the bathrooms are set up.

In-room glasses/cups - do not ever use them! There was a story on the news regarding the way they "wash" (or don't wash) these. The maids were caught on camera wiping them out with dirty towels from the floor and spraying them with a "not for consumption" cleaning product.

Internet - you have to pay $7/day for an internet connection. Many other hotels offer it free of charge.

To sum it up, I would stay here again but it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. The hotel can be expensive - running anywhere from $170-$210/night; I don't think the value is there really, but the location was convenient for me.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Pillows, lack of status recognition
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 8 April 2007

My husband, 12 month old daughter and I stayed in the Embassy Suites-Alpharetta from April 2-April 6, 2007. From th moment we walked in, we were greeted warmly by the staff and the lovely surroundings. The room was great--up to date, clean, well-appointed, and the separate living room was a great place to put our daughter's crib so that we didn't have to tip-toe after she went to bed at 7pm. I was newvous about the interior because of the pictures on the website, but they either aren;t very good pictures or they have remodeled since they were taken, because this property is GORGEOUS! The cooked to order breakfast was very tasty and made quickly, and the restaurant staff was particularly helpful, always carrying things for me so I didn't have to balance a tray or highchair along with my toddler. We booked this hotel solely because it had an indoor pool, and knew we'd need something for my daughter and I to do while my husband was in meetings, and this one was large, clean, and heated. My only complaint about the hotel at all was that on one of the days we were there, a group that provided therapy for handicapped persons had apparently rented out the pool for a class. Although no one said we couldn't still swim at that time, the class took up 3/4 of the pool for at least 90 minutes. I expect a hotel pool to be crowded, but with guests, not students and their equipment. This, however, was not a huge issue. The hotel was within 5 minutes of my husband's business meetings, and about a half a mile from Northpoint Mall. There are lots of nice restaurants nearby, and shopping aplenty, but not much else. I suppose most people who stay in Alpharetta are either there on business, as we were, or are wanting to stay outside of Atlanta. Though I doubt we'll find ourselves in Alpharetta again anytime soon, we plan to stay in Embassy Suites hotels whenever we can while traveing from now on.

• Liked — the decor
  • Disliked — the price
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank heathyliz
Atlanta area
Reviewed 2 January 2007

This was a great hotel as far as cleanliness, service, amenities, and the room itself.
People at the front desk were helpful at both check-in and with recommendations for restaurants, etc. The set-up with the "2" rooms might not work for families (ours was really one BIG room, not 2) but it was fine for 2 people who sometimes want extra space!
The welcome cocktail hour and the breakfast were both good,
but you had to figure out "when" to go to avoid standing in line.
There were 2 family reunions there the weekend we stayed, and we just made sure we went EARLY and avoided the masses!
Good location by North Point Mall and restaurants--close to GA 400, which can be good or bad depending on how bad the traffic is. Overall, a good value for the $$.

Stayed September 2006
1 Thank J.inATL
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 21 March 2006

Stayed here for two week-end nights. Excellent and friendly staff. Very close to North Point Mall. Lots of restaurants nearby. Only complaint is that walls are very thin. Granted I am a light sleeper, but I heard gentleman next door snoring all night long. He was LOUD! Staff moved us next night with absolutely no problems. Breakfast good and happy hour nice as most all Embassy Suites. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2006