“So Much for So Little! How Do They Do It?”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Alpharetta
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My wife, my son and I were headed back home to FL and decided to stop for the night in Alpharetta. I have stayed in the area on previous occasions, but had never heard for the Hotel Sierra. But, after checking out all the good reviews here on TA, I decided it would be worth a try.

I've got to say I was impressed with what we got for our $$$.
King size bed suite with a nice pull out sectional sofa
Kitchenette with microwave, coffee maker, dishes and a mini-fridge
Desk and chair with great complimentary, no hassle to connect to Wi-Fi
Terrycloth robe
and, in addition to the breakfast staples, a cook to prepare omelettes and waffles to order

We stayed the night before at a HIE and did NOT have:
the sofabed,
the kitchenette amenities,
the cooked-to-order chef, and more . . . and we still paid twice as much as we paid to stay at Hotel Sierra!

I don't know how they can offer so much for so little . . . but my budget is glad they do! I will definitely make this my hotel of preference anytime I need to stay in the metro Atlanta area. I will also highly recommend that my other budget-conscious friends do likewise.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank amason61

Reviewed 30 January 2012

I just returned from a 3 night business trip where I stayed at the Hotel Sierra. The staff were always very friendly & accommodating. They went above and beyond to keep our group happy. The bedroom suite included a desk/office area as well as a fully stocked kitchenette, for those looking to make their own meals. A full sized fridge, microwave & dishwasher came in handy. The bathroom was rather small, but sufficient for only one traveler. It's located directly off of your sleeping area. The feather pillows were very comfortable, the bed not so much. I prefer a softer mattress. I appreciated the fact that I could use a sign on the door to turn away room service when I was only there for a couple of days. No need to waste water washing sheets & towels every single day. Their breakfast buffet had a large selection of items including an omlete & waffle station. The hotel also had a wine & snack station in the evenings-nice perk! I was able to utilize their exercise room a couple of times; it had several treadmills, ellipticals, weight machines & free weights. Everything that you could need for a quick workout. It seemed like the majority of the individuals staying here were for business travel. Atlanta traffic is horrible around rush hour during the AM/PM. FYI, with busy morning traffic it took an hour to get back to the airport with a car service. Plan ahead.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the stair wells. The doors would often slam shut.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank AngelzM
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The rooms were clean and quiet, the internet fast, the breakfast varied and yummy, the staff unfailingly polite. Parking is free, the surrounding area is chock full of stores and restaurants. The fitness room has 5 aerobic machines and many weight machines. The TV channels were extensive. There is a fridge and microwave in each room. The bathrooms are large and clean. The beds are very comfortable.

This is our first experience with a bulk shampoo/soap dispenser in a hotel. The pump bottles are bolted onto the shower wall and next to the sink. We tried them out and felt like the contents were possibly diluted. It was definitely a novel experience.

The sheets were not changed throughout our 4 day stay. There was debris in our room from prior occupants, such as a bottle cap, a tennis ball (?), and some papers.

Also, FYI, there is a charge per use of the phone, which we thought was unusual.

Room Tip: Low odd numbers like 405 are located far from the elevator and on the west side.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2011

A group of 12 had 3 rooms between us - the beds were incredibly comfortable, the AC was quiet, and the kitchenette proved very useful! Breakfast was great, and omelette's to order made it even better value. Only 25minutes drive from the centre of Atlanta meant that it was cheaper than staying in the centre and not far, plus there is a multitude of places to eat nearby. Thanks for a great weekend.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We stayed there for 2 nights. Rooms are big with kitchen and sofa bed. Free breakfast is very good - omlets to order, starbucks coffe and etc. Free Internet worked well. We paid $64/night + tax. I do not think that anybody can beat this price with this quality in this area.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
HotelSierraGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2011

Dear Valued Guest, I am so delighted to know you enjoyed your time at Hotel Sierra. Thank you for the great compliments regarding the breakfast and amenities offered. I hope you will stay with us the next time you are in the area. Sincerely, Julie Muriuki, General Manager

Reviewed 19 October 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Sierra Alpharetta October 14 and 15th, we really enjoyed our stay! The hotel is very comfortable and super clean.
We were there for our anniversary. We stayed in a small suite with a king sized bed, full kitchen, nice sitting area and great bathroom! The only thing that bothered me was the noise the a/c and the fridge made. The noise didn't prevent sleep.
The bed and bed linens are SO comfortable! Wish I could have brought it all home!
In the morning there is a breakfast bar with made to order omlettes. There is only one man making omlettes, but he is working really hard, with no help at all.He always has a smile for the guests .
For the value, location, friendly staff and lots of other reasons, we will be sure to choose the Hotel Sierra for romantic getaways in the future!

Room Tip: Be sure and ask for a room away from the elevator and the noise it makes.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SueAnn7

Dear Valued Guest,

We read your review and are very happy to know you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Sierra. Thank you for the kind comments regarding the amenities, cleanliness of the hotel and the staff. We are so glad we were the perfect romantic getaway choice for your anniversary! Hope to see you again!

Warm Regards,
Julie Muriuki, General Manager

Reviewed 16 October 2011

I'm always a bit weary about staying at off-name brand hotels when traveling, but that doesn't mean I always stay away. The room was immaculate, the staff very friendly, informative, and speedy. The bed was comfortable, the TV was huge. Arrive early for breakfast or miss out! The hotel is located in a good area with plenty of restaurants.

There was a full sized fridge, stove top, cabinets with dishes and glassware. A microwave, coffee maker.
The bathroom was stocked with a high powered magnifying glass, a robe, ironing board, hair dryer. The only downside is they didn't have personal, throw away/take away bottles of soap, shampoo or conditioner. This was the first time I've stayed at a hotel with this and I did not like it. Just the thought that some weirdo could put something in these containers kinda freaked me out. Thankfully, I carry my own toiletries.

More pluses about Hotel Sierra, free wi-fi, a business desk, and a comfy chair for relaxing!
Be sure to check this place out for a night or few!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,
I am so delighted to know you enjoyed your time at Hotel Sierra. Thank you for the great compliments regarding the breakfast and all of our amenities offered. It's so rare and wonderful to be pleasantly surprised when it comes to great service and overall value, and I am pleased to know we were that pleasant surprise for you!!
I hope you will stay with us the next time you are in the area.

Julie Muriuki, General Manager