“Amazing!”

Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Alpharetta
Macon, Georgia
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I was skeptical of this place because I didn't recognize the brand and it was only $52/night on the weekend, but we gave it a shot because my wife had a class there. The hotel is by far, the best hotel we have ever stayed in. The rooms are very large and have all of the amenities. The service was top notch. The food was great (and included) After checkout, my wife wasn't out of class yet and the front desk clerk noticed me hanging around with the kids and offered us a room to use until she was done with class. We loved the iPod dock and when Christmas came around several months later, the staff helped me (via email) find a similar clock for a gift. We have actually been trying to find an excuse to return to Alpharetta just to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank jonathanbdavis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Hewitt, Texas, United States
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Nice accommodation. Comfortable atmosphere and people. Was always greeted when leaving or arriving. Great set up in room, with full size fridge, stove top, microwave, coffee maker, and all the utensils. Everything you would need plus more!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
FL
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My wife, my son and I were headed back home to FL and decided to stop for the night in Alpharetta. I have stayed in the area on previous occasions, but had never heard for the Hotel Sierra. But, after checking out all the good reviews here on TA, I decided it would be worth a try.

I've got to say I was impressed with what we got for our $$$.
King size bed suite with a nice pull out sectional sofa
Kitchenette with microwave, coffee maker, dishes and a mini-fridge
Desk and chair with great complimentary, no hassle to connect to Wi-Fi
Terrycloth robe
and, in addition to the breakfast staples, a cook to prepare omelettes and waffles to order

We stayed the night before at a HIE and did NOT have:
the sofabed,
the kitchenette amenities,
the cooked-to-order chef, and more . . . and we still paid twice as much as we paid to stay at Hotel Sierra!

I don't know how they can offer so much for so little . . . but my budget is glad they do! I will definitely make this my hotel of preference anytime I need to stay in the metro Atlanta area. I will also highly recommend that my other budget-conscious friends do likewise.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank amason61
Albany,NY
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I just returned from a 3 night business trip where I stayed at the Hotel Sierra. The staff were always very friendly & accommodating. They went above and beyond to keep our group happy. The bedroom suite included a desk/office area as well as a fully stocked kitchenette, for those looking to make their own meals. A full sized fridge, microwave & dishwasher came in handy. The bathroom was rather small, but sufficient for only one traveler. It's located directly off of your sleeping area. The feather pillows were very comfortable, the bed not so much. I prefer a softer mattress. I appreciated the fact that I could use a sign on the door to turn away room service when I was only there for a couple of days. No need to waste water washing sheets & towels every single day. Their breakfast buffet had a large selection of items including an omlete & waffle station. The hotel also had a wine & snack station in the evenings-nice perk! I was able to utilize their exercise room a couple of times; it had several treadmills, ellipticals, weight machines & free weights. Everything that you could need for a quick workout. It seemed like the majority of the individuals staying here were for business travel. Atlanta traffic is horrible around rush hour during the AM/PM. FYI, with busy morning traffic it took an hour to get back to the airport with a car service. Plan ahead.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the stair wells. The doors would often slam shut.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank AngelzM
Richmond
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The rooms were clean and quiet, the internet fast, the breakfast varied and yummy, the staff unfailingly polite. Parking is free, the surrounding area is chock full of stores and restaurants. The fitness room has 5 aerobic machines and many weight machines. The TV channels were extensive. There is a fridge and microwave in each room. The bathrooms are large and clean. The beds are very comfortable.

This is our first experience with a bulk shampoo/soap dispenser in a hotel. The pump bottles are bolted onto the shower wall and next to the sink. We tried them out and felt like the contents were possibly diluted. It was definitely a novel experience.

The sheets were not changed throughout our 4 day stay. There was debris in our room from prior occupants, such as a bottle cap, a tennis ball (?), and some papers.

Also, FYI, there is a charge per use of the phone, which we thought was unusual.

Room Tip: Low odd numbers like 405 are located far from the elevator and on the west side.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Georgia
Reviewed 29 December 2011

This used to be a great hotel ( still is good, don't get me wrong ).
Let's start with the good:
- location is a 10
- clean: 10
- quality of food served: 8 ( in my opinion went down from a 10 - the only thing that still keep it a high rating, is the famous omelet they prepare to order and which is great !)
- amenities: 10+
- staff: 10
- room kitchen and utensils: an absolute 10 out of 10
Now, the ...not so good:
- soap, shampoo, etc: 5 ( they used to have some of the nicest in the area, now there are some bottles, nailed to the walls with some kind of liquids in them)
- bathroom is small - real small ( if the hotel is reading this, please upgrade the fans in the bathrooms )

Over all the hotel is much better than many in this area. Great staff and hospitality.
Recommend it? Yes. Great for family and friends.
Why not 4 or 5 stars? - AC - they need an overhaul bad... a 3 out of 10..they are pretty much binary: polar cold, or Sahara hot - and yes, they are '70s noisy; won't make for a good night sleep.

Room Tip: Make sure that you have a room large enough so your bed is far away form the noisy AC.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 November 2011

A group of 12 had 3 rooms between us - the beds were incredibly comfortable, the AC was quiet, and the kitchenette proved very useful! Breakfast was great, and omelette's to order made it even better value. Only 25minutes drive from the centre of Atlanta meant that it was cheaper than staying in the centre and not far, plus there is a multitude of places to eat nearby. Thanks for a great weekend.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends