“Excellent pre-concert dining”

Ipanema Brazilian Steakhouse
Ranked #118 of 579 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Cuisines: Brazilian
Reviewed July 27, 2016

My wife and I drove down from Knoxville to attend a concert at the Verizon Amphitheater and were looking for a late lunch nearby. Having dined at upscale Brazilian steakhouses, we weren't sure our summer concert attire would be appropriate. We were very happy when we were warmly welcomed to this cozy comfortable casual spot. The salad/accompaniment selection was limited (to some extent by space) relative to upscale steakhouse but fresh and tasty nonetheless (I enjoyed the beans and ceviche). The churasco meat selection was entirely up to par and absolutely delicious - tender, juicy and flavorful. The pricing is all you care to eat and a fine value for the quality of the meats. We went to the concert (less than 5 miles drive) entirely satisfied.

1  Thank jt_powell

Reviewed May 12, 2016

Definitely not the typical Brazilian steakhouses I'm used to. It's reasonably priced for lunch but the salad bar is extremely small with maybe 20% of what I see at other well-known Brazilian restaurants. The meat selection was ok but the quality of some were below average - the garlic picanha was particularly fatty. The sirloin and picanha were fine. I did really like the fried bananas though! I would return for another lunch but would never pay the higher price for the same selections for dinner.

Reviewed May 9, 2016

A yummy buffet with a pretty good selection. I recommend going for lunch during the week. Meats are fresh and flavorful.

Reviewed April 12, 2016

This is a nice,cozy restaurant that is so new they do not have a liquor license yet. If we would have known this, we would not have eaten here at this time. Strike one. The all you can eat salad bar was average (but plentiful). Strike two.But the meat. The meat tasted like it had been sitting around for a while. All over cooked and tough. We all tried different cuts and nothing was good. Strike three. I feel very bad writing this because the waitress(owner) was very gracious and the restaurant is very clean.

Reviewed January 25, 2016

I took my husband here for his birthday and we had a great time! Very nice and comfortable restaurant. I wish I could remember our waitress's name. She was so pleasant and attentive, made my husbands birthday very enjoyable! We arrived after the normal lunch crowd, and the food bar was still super fresh and well prepared. All foods were labeled, and some even had the ingredients listed! Meats were cooked to perfection. I loved how clean the place was. They actually had plates covered in plastic wrap over the plates to be served at the bar. I am a germaphobic, and always worry about people coughing on or touching the clean plates. This is a perfect solution that I wish other restaurants would follow. This place is a gem, and I will most definitely be back!