“Nice little place”

Ipanema Brazilian Steakhouse
Ranked #123 of 593 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Cuisines: Brazilian
Reviewed January 4, 2017 via mobile

Took a friend here for a birthday dinner. I didn't check beforehand about beer and wine, and found out that they don't have liquor license but that you can walk next door to the package store and bring your own. Definitely keeps cost down. The salad bar was kind of sparse, but hey, you're at a Brazilian Steakhouse! The picanha was very tender, although a little bit fatty. Great value for $21.95!

Date of visit: January 2017

Reviewed July 27, 2016

My wife and I drove down from Knoxville to attend a concert at the Verizon Amphitheater and were looking for a late lunch nearby. Having dined at upscale Brazilian steakhouses, we weren't sure our summer concert attire would be appropriate. We were very happy when we were warmly welcomed to this cozy comfortable casual spot. The salad/accompaniment selection was limited (to some extent by space) relative to upscale steakhouse but fresh and tasty nonetheless (I enjoyed the beans and ceviche). The churasco meat selection was entirely up to par and absolutely delicious - tender, juicy and flavorful. The pricing is all you care to eat and a fine value for the quality of the meats. We went to the concert (less than 5 miles drive) entirely satisfied.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank jt_powell
Reviewed May 12, 2016

Definitely not the typical Brazilian steakhouses I'm used to. It's reasonably priced for lunch but the salad bar is extremely small with maybe 20% of what I see at other well-known Brazilian restaurants. The meat selection was ok but the quality of some were below average - the garlic picanha was particularly fatty. The sirloin and picanha were fine. I did really like the fried bananas though! I would return for another lunch but would never pay the higher price for the same selections for dinner.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed May 9, 2016

A yummy buffet with a pretty good selection. I recommend going for lunch during the week. Meats are fresh and flavorful.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed April 12, 2016

This is a nice,cozy restaurant that is so new they do not have a liquor license yet. If we would have known this, we would not have eaten here at this time. Strike one. The all you can eat salad bar was average (but plentiful). Strike two.But the meat. The meat tasted like it had been sitting around for a while. All over cooked and tough. We all tried different cuts and nothing was good. Strike three. I feel very bad writing this because the waitress(owner) was very gracious and the restaurant is very clean.

Date of visit: April 2016