“Pastry passion fulfilled ”

Collet French Pastry & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 10 Dessert in Alpharetta
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

We live in Florida and make a special side trip to get pastries any time we can. Everything is delicious. We have tried the croque monsieur, quiche, almond pastry, blueberry fountain, bear claw, and quiche to name a few. Lovely place with amazing food.

There are newer reviews for Collet French Pastry & Cafe

Reviewed 17 October 2016

I ordered 10 quiches for my daughters baby shower, they were superb! Everyone raved about them and they were fighting on who would get to take a piece home.

Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Wonderful presentation and food. I recommend the coconut pyramid with a capuccino. If you miss a good and quiet place to talk or work this is it.

Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

This is a wonderful little French cafe, excellent cakes and savory pastries. Lovely tea selection. Not a place where you can get baguettes or other bread items. They have limited selection as the day progresses but it's all wonderful. The only downside is the location - it's not easy to access.

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

I have been here a number of times both with my husband and solo. There are eight tables and off to the side are a love seat and two leather-type chairs. The croissants are excellent- just like France. The quiches are amazing and I do not think they are "microwaved in the back" as some have said (how do you know, unless you're in the back as well?) I did not trail the food into the oven or wherever to see, but the quiches always taste to me as if they were heated In a convection oven type thing, toasty crusty and delicious. You do get your own water and glass out of the cooler but truthfully it's not that far or difficult.

Unfortunately, As I write this, slowly eating my quiche, the owner or manager, a blonde French woman, asked me if I would like a to-go box. (I have only been here a few minutes - enough to eat my croissant and start my just-arrived quiche) I told her politely no, I was still eating. Maybe she didn't like it that I appeared to be typing on my phone, I don't know. A couple of minutes later (like, TWO) she asked me if I was finished, and stated that she needed to seat some other people. I said well, I am almost finished. (I wasn't, which was obvious I thought, but I was wanting to leave after that) She said well two ladies are elderly and I want to seat them. I then said yes I am finished. I glanced over at the ladies, one of whom appeared to be in their 70s or so, ambulatory, smiling and in seemingly good health.

I asked for and got a to go box. She then said she wasn't trying to get me to leave, she in fact was going to have the ladies sit with me. (Which I don't quite buy if you're offering me a to-go box, and telling me this while simultaneously pulling two of the chairs from my table to another area) I said I would've happily done that if I had been made aware.

So my glowing review has turned into a story about a fairly unpleasant experience, four stars to two. If I come back it will be only for a to go order, and I do hope it's quick. I will not be staying. Even in Paris I've never felt that rushed.

4  Thank coastal6107