“Not-One-Like-It In North & NW Atlanta Area”

Collet French Pastry & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 11 Dessert in Alpharetta
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 27 June 2017

About three years ago, a friend described the pastries and menu at Collet French Pastry Shop. Soon after, my wife and I stopped by. He was right. This is the place for French pastry. We drive about 40 miles (almost an hour) to get there.

The pastries are fresh, and come in various shapes, textures, and flavors. Chantilly cream is used (no whipped cream). Some dishes, such as tarts, follow the textbook - "made of a pastry casing that covers or completely contains a filling of various sweet or savory ingredients". Quiches, croissants, and baguettes are outstanding. The filo pastry of the Napoleons is smooth, easy to cut. The Swans (filled with cream Chantilly) are unique.

My wife was raised in Montreal, with her mother born in France. Her name is Micheline, and she has an innate talent when judging French food (Micheline guide). I have my own simple formula: good, not good, bad. Collet is above my criteria. It's beyond exceptional. If you don't believe me, stop by Collet.

There are newer reviews for Collet French Pastry & Cafe

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Ridiculously perfect. We came for dessert and had the Raspberry Tart and Strawberry Cake something with coffee. It was absolute perfection with nothing missing. Hats off to the team. They are doing an amazing job. Will be back and recommend this place to others.

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

Getting authentic French quiche and all the delightful fruit and creme tarts and crisp fluffy croisants reminiscent of my childhood growing up in my French family, has been nearly impossible since I left Seattle for the Atlanta area.
But...I FOUND A PLACE!!! COLLET FRENCH BAKERY AND CAFE in Alpharetta...on Old Milton Parkway a bit up the road from the Whole Foods.

Just wonderful....marvelous. Go have some rich dark coffee and a truly mouthwatering treat or a quiche lunch...superb...affordable and the charm of the place...so serene.
It's on the back side of the big brick building the SABRI GIVEN JEWELRY STORE is in.

Tell Kathleen that Montana sent you.
Bon Appetite!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Delicious, authentic French pastries. We had an assortment of three pastries to share amongst us, with cappuccino. All was perfection. Looking forward to returning!

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

I visited for lunch on a Saturday. I had the best soup and salad combo ever. Soup was spinach and broccoli pureed with cream with a delightful simple salad. Food was fresh and flavorful. Give this place a try!

2  Thank susan b