“Great evening”

Oak Steakhouse - Avalon
Reserve with OpenTable
Oak Steakhouse - Avalon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 593 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went for an 8:15 reservation for a family of 5 on a Thurs night. Service was great and steaks were delicious. Youngest child had pasta while our older kids split the rib eye. Wife and I both had steaks medium rare and they were cooked perfectly. Oysters and brussel sprouts were both delicious while wine list was good but limited.

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

This was our first visit and it will not be our last. The steak was excellent, the mashed potatoes had a wonderful light flavor. The dressing on the wedge salad lacked flavor and a bit watery but was the only negative aspect of the meal. The service was impeccable. We sat by the window and people watched and it was a perfect date night not to mention the restaurant is in a great location and one can take a nice stroll after dinner.

Reviewed September 16, 2018

Recently, my wife and I dined at Oak Steakhouse as we wanted to try it. We started out with a salad and scallops and both were very good. We ordered a filet and a rib-eye for our entree and although both steaks were good the sides were just average and is the reason for the 3 rating. There is a lot of competition in Atlanta for great steaks and I have certainly have reviewed some of them and are in my previous reviews. Dessert was probably the most disappointing of the meal. We tried the peanut butter chocolate cake and it was not gluten free the night we ate there as told to us by our waiter. He said it was there best dessert. It was ok and the peanut butter mousse was lost. Oak certainly has the ability to be better and I think it will over time. We both like the atmosphere and the laid back approach but still delivering high end food. Both my wife and I agreed that the food is good but it was not over the top where we felt that we just wanted to go back immediately. We will be back to give it another try but not immediately.

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

Our first visit won't be our last! We had fish in a steak place! Th amberjack was perfect, the crab cakes to die for....Excellent service...take advantage of the valet parking...

Reviewed August 20, 2018

When we want to treat ourselves to fine dining, my husband and I usually go to Frankie's
Steakhouse if what we want is steaks. Thought we'd try Oak for something different. The restaurant, service and food were nice here, but I expect nothing less than outstanding considering the prices. Doesn't touch the quality of the food, service or decor at Frankie's.