“Extremly nice staff. Rooms are nice, bathroom lacking.”

Hyatt Place Windward Parkway
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Alpharetta
Skiatook, Oklahoma, United States
“Extremly nice staff. Rooms are nice, bathroom lacking.”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I stayed for a week in this hotel. The staff was excellent overall. I noticed in my bathroom the tub had a liner in it. I was immediately freaked out when could hear water sloshing in between my tub and the liner. Also there was some pealing caulking around the edge of the tub. I can only imagine what is growing in between there. I made a note of this when I checked out and the lady seem to blow me off with a oh we will look into that. While a subordinate worker behind her seemed to nod it was a known issue.

The overall cleanliness of the hotel was excellent and the free breakfast was on par with most places. One thing I didn't care for was they appear to use a scent enhancer in their air system. I found it strong and overbearing especially in the elevators. Also on the 3rd floor where I stayed it always seemed humid in the hallway, possibly from a laundry room. Overall it was a fine and I should have just asked for a different room after the bathtub, but I was setup there and really only slept in the room so I didn't want to deal with the hassle.

Room Tip: Polite staff, clean rooms, overbearing scent enhancer used throughout. Check tub to make sure no l...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
North Carolina
Reviewed 25 March 2012 via mobile

Great rate..clean room..great service! It's also in a great location...close to many places to eat.

Stayed March 2012
columbus ga
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Made a reservation online using points and for the next day with a credit card. Advised the desk clerk at check in to combine the reservation. Went back to the from eating the next day and the key card would not work. My wife had to go back to the desk three times and still no resolution. I went to the desk and argued with the clerk. Ask for the manager three times and was told there is not one at the hotel. Finally got the room opened. That night there was a tornado warning and the lobby was full of guest. No one at the desk and no instructions on were to go or what to do. Once again advised no management at the hotel. Was instructed we could go into the meeting room but there was a wall of windows. My wife is on chemo and this was too stressful to deal with.

Stayed March 2012
West Jordan, Utah
Reviewed 24 February 2012

In town for business, the Hyatt Place on Windward Parkway seemed liked a good option, price was not too high or too low. Lobby was clean and inviting. First key card, they gave me didnt word, so back I had to go to the lobby. Rather than just reprogramming a new card, they gave me a whole new room... the key card worked, but within minutes I started to hear a strange noise...turned out to be the elevator, I could hear it each time it went up and down! I went into the hall, and I was 5 rooms away from the elevator. Went back down to the lobby and got a room at the far end of the hall away from the elevator, but strangely, I could still hear it at night. Hmmm. Breakfast was good and staff was very pleasant and tried to be helpful.

Room Tip: Request a room as far away from the elevator as possible!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
St. Paul
Reviewed 20 February 2012

The breakfast included egg sandwiches and other items you do not normally get in the standard buffets at other hotels. The room was very large and silent. You do not hear the activities in the hall or the next door TV. Front desk staff is very friendly and is always available for questions and assistance.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We have been staying at this Hyatt Place Hotel for years when we are passing thru the Atlanta area. In fact, we drive out of our way to this location as we find it so comfortable. Our most recent stay was January 2012, another stopover night before driving to our winter vacation destination. Check-in is quick and efficient as well as the check-out process. Front desk staff has always been helpful and friendly. We are pleased with the oversized room, decor, mini-bar area, work desk, high-speed internet, bed/pillow comfort, and flat screen tv reception, just to name a few things. The quality of the continental breakfast is sufficient and they added a hot breakfast entree. It is a nice complimentary amenity to be offered and they serve Starbucks coffee. What's not to love? We too have noticed a bit of extra attention or touch-ups needed in the rooms that other reviewers have mentioned, however, as self- professed "Hotel Snobs" we really have no complaints....except, agreeing with others about the tiny toilet room. You kind of have to step over the toilet and manuever to get the door closed. A small inconvenience for the quality and value overall.

The city area is clean and nice too. Good location to many restaurants and shopping. Our favorite Mexican restaurant is La Parrilla, outstanding food with a friendly atmosphere, tell the manager the Chicago couple sent you! Enjoy!

Room Tip: As usual, away from the elevator, less traffic, less noise.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Dacula GA
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We were staying at the Hyatt for one night and it was a fiasco! When we arrived and checked in I let the staff person know we had paid for the shuttle to take us to the wedding. I asked her what time the shuttle would leave and she told me 5:00pm. We came down at 5:00 and the shuttle had left my daughter and I and four other friends of ours attending the wedding. We asked the person at the desk about it and she called the shuttle driver. The driver said they were turning around to come pick us up according to the desk clerk. Thirty minutes later we had to make the decision to drive ourselves to the wedding so we would not be late. The problem here is that we paid for the shuttle so we would not be drinking and driving after the wedding. Our fee was not refunded! Then I got my credit card bill and I was charged twice for one night. I called and spoke with CK and was not happy with her at all. She did not believe me and wanted to investigate further with the bride. I took it upon myself to call the person she said my second charge had been applied to. He also had been charged for the room. I called CK back and thanked me for helping with the investigation. At this point I had nothing nice to say to her due to her rudeness and unwillingness to help. I will never stay there again!!

• Stayed November 2011