“Great meal, nice ambience”
Review of Mambo Restaurant

Mambo Restaurant
Ranked #55 of 237 Restaurants in Ambergris Caye
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2017

It's been four years since I was here, but still have fond memories of our meal. I would go without trepidation.

Reviewed October 5, 2017

We had lunch at Mamba and I cant wait to go back! The food was incredible and service was impeccable. I definitely recommend Mamba!

Reviewed July 3, 2017

Mambo is one of our favorite restaurants when we visit San Pedro! From the Private Boat pick-up to the amazing food on the beautiful resort.... great atmosphere is a given!
We had a large group of 13. Jose Carlo Godoy was our server and he did a great job! Some of the amazing entrees we enjoyed were the Lime Grouper, Stuffed Grouper, Deep Blue, & Seared Scallops...if you love fresh seafood, Mambo will not disappoint! To close our dinner we shared the Chocolate Souffle & Key Lime Pie. Both were delicious!

Reviewed May 10, 2017

Went twice on golf carts for lunch, food was fantastic, service very good, helpful. Place a cool vibe, beaches and pool looked wonderful!

Reviewed April 28, 2017

I had high hopes for this place. While Mambo gets my vote for ambiance and service, the food here was the worst we had during our stay in San Pedro. We were staying at a resort pretty far north of town and we wanted to try a restaurant that was within walking distance. We picked Mambo because of the excellent reviews, and the menu looked delicious.

For an appetizer we got the firery mango caramelized shrimp. There were 4 shrimps on the plate, but mostly tomatoes and red onion. I didn't taste any mango and there was nothing caramelized about this dish. For an entree I ordered the Jerk Scallops but was very disappointed. The scallops were rubbery and the jerk seasoning just tasted like allspice. It was served with plantain guacamole which had a mushy banana consistency and no flavor. The weirdest thing to me was that this dish also came with a whole banana on the side. It wasn't cooked or seasoned. Someone just peeled a banana and put it on the plate with scallops. It would have made more sense to me if they served it with a plantain. My husband had the Crab Stuffed Grouper. They happened to be out of grouper that night so they gave him snapper. It was very average. For dessert we tried the pineapple cream pie which was pretty good, but nothing to rave about. I overheard several couples complimenting the servers on how wonderful their food was. Did we order the wrong thing? What really bothered me is that this place is expensive. We paid about $150 US for mediocre food.

The atmosphere here really is wonderful. I would come back and enjoy a drink at the bar, but next time I'd skip dinner.