All reviews tackle box san pedro fish shark ray alley mexico rocks hol chan dive master dive shop barrier reef sea grass budget room baby oil minute boat ride aquarium restaurant boat traffic great snorkeling sargassum seaweed
Reviewed March 11, 2012

We stayed at this resort in February for 5 nights with our adult children who did their padi open water divers license. Couldn't have imagined a better place to do the padi. We went snorkling every day and even saw a manatee whilst snorkling! A beautiful place to relax absolutely and completely, the underwater world is unbelievable and the staff was very joyful and more than friendly! Also, the food was amazing! The owners Carlos and Isabel with their staff did everything they could to make our stay unforgettable. Thank you very much to all of you, we would recommend anyone to visit this special place!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2012

This was our first trip out of the U.S. We felt immediately at home with TBR....
We are missing Belize and our friends at Tranquility Bay Resort. We had the best vacation we've ever had.
The cabana was kept very clean despite all the sand we kept dragging in with us.
The food was amazing, the fish tacos were my favorite! The rum cake and coconut pie were awesome as well.
Having never gone snorkeling before, it was everything I'd imagined and so much more. It was so incredible, and easily accessible as you begin snorkeling only a few feet into the water.
Staff were amazing. They felt like family before we left.
The side trips to San Pedro were fun as well. It's a beautiful half hour ride in. The town is easy to walk through, and there are plenty of maps throughout town to guide you.
Missing everyone and everything, and looking forward to returning someday.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank LadyGray80
TBR-Manager, Manager at Tranquility Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2012

Thanks for the great review! Hope to see you back at the resort again soon! :-)

Reviewed March 7, 2012

For those on the 'fence' if you'd like to stay here or not, we were in San Pedro for two weeks and I called the resort and called the manager Carlos, who worked out a way for the four of us to get up there and spend the day. Realize you have to work with their boat schedule and their guests come first OBVIOUSLY, but it is well worth a trip up there to see the sights and snorkel!
It is the most tranquil place I have been too but you are remote.If you want to be away from it all, this is the place for you.
The staff was spectacular! Even though we were 'visitors', we were treated with such respect and friendliness! It was a great day!
We would consider staying if we went back, however I need to be able to cruise on my golf cart in San Pedro, so it would only be a few days for us.
I strongly suggest trying to work out a visit as you may just fall in love with the place!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thanks for the review and coming up to the resort for the day. To others reading this review please do understand that our in house guests take priority over day visits as far as scheduling a boat as mentioned above! :-)

Reviewed March 3, 2012

We met friends here for a week of diving fishing and relaxing.the weather didn't cooperate with the fishing,we were blow out but our guide gaspar worked like a dog and put us on multiple schools of bonefish,he was outstanding.The diving exceeded our expectations with sitings of eagle rays turtles manatees and even cuttlefish. what was best of all was the feel of family Carlos and Isabel have instilled from the food to a bar that Hemmingway would have loved tranquility bay is first class all the way,can't wait to come back

Date of stay: February 2012

Thanks for the great review! Glad you enjoyed your fishing trips and snorkeling and snorkeling from the beach!

Reviewed March 2, 2012

In a word, unbelievable. A relaxing atmosphere, phenomenal views by day and clear starlit nights. The food was authentic, reminded me of my Mom's Jamaican cooking. All the staff was friendly, helpful and professional. We stayed in the Prime Minister's Cabana. It was kept spotless on a daily basis. The staff at the Aquarium knew my name in minutes and seemed as though I'd known them forever. Hill and Albert we're great in suggesting new dinner selections and libations. Carlos and Isabel were the most gracious of hosts going so far as to convince me to go shark diving...it was phenomenal...don't miss going to Hol Chan. Jamal was a great guide and boatsman. Orlando was very reassuring despite my phobia of deep water and made certain to outfit me so that I'd be comfortable...Thank you again. Unfortunately, as I write this, I am on my way back to work but am already planning our return trip. Thank you everyone at Tranquility Bay Resort for surpassing even my wildest dreams and expectations for this trip.

Room tip: Any cabana is great.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Innerdiva13

Thanks for the great review! Hope to see you back soon! :-)