All reviews tackle box san pedro fish shark ray alley mexico rocks hol chan dive master dive shop barrier reef sea grass budget room baby oil aquarium restaurant minute boat ride boat traffic great snorkeling sargassum seaweed
Reviewed May 25, 2012

As the name implies - - you will experience tranquility at it's best!!!!! The resort is small but is truly a "class act" in all categories. Carlos and Isabel and all the staff were very welcoming and ever so professional. The food was good, The trips provided were well planned. And you don't have to wear shoes the entire time you're there.

Thanks for the memories!

Mike and Laura

2  Thank LJB054
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I just spent three days here as a finale to a school trip. What a wonderful experience! The food was delicious, and the accomodations were cozy, clean, comfortable, and beautiful. The staff was friendly and accomodating (moreover, they were also very concerned about our safety--- they were quick to rescue us when we tipped our kayak and had trouble flipping it). I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We stayed from May 7-12th.
Much has been written, but it is worth repeating that the beauty of this place is the scenery both above and under the water. I am an avid snorkeler and spent hours in front of the resort snorkeling each day. I was blessed and surprised one late afternoon while snorkeling, by the presence of a very large spotted eagle ray in front of me! I was really afraid to dive, but Carlos, was very patient in helping me to overcome this fear. I saw one of the most amazing things I think a diver might ever see, a huge sea turtle that came out of nowhere and head-butted a fellow diver -no joke!!!! (Julius)

The weather was slightly windy so we did not have any bugs. Despite the therma-cells to burn in the rooms, some minor upkeep to the screens might be helpful for the future. The food was fine. Although not quite there yet for vegetarians and vegans, they are trying. That's all we ask when traveling with special diets, that the staff and management try, and they went out of their way to do so. We appreciated this. Thank you all, Isabelle and Carlos as well.

The staff we met were friendly and the tour leader for my trip to Hol Chan, Jamal, was respectful, knowledgeable and professional with the guests. Our cabana was cleaned daily (thank you again for your work) and it seems that all cabanas have wonderful views of the ocean.

We appreciate that this place does not seem to have a huge impact on the environment, as compared to many other places. I have seen some of the larger developments on Ambergris Caye, even nearby to Tranquility Bay, and from what I could determine, Tranquility Bay Resort is a more "gentle" resort in terms of its impact on the reef system, I believe.

My husband enjoyed walking the long shoreline, looking at the thousands of juvenile fish, crabs, and rays in the sea grass, and relaxing to the sounds of the waves.

We would definitely go back to this beautiful place.

1  Thank mish1
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We spent five days at TBR and had a great time. Very relaxed and laid back.
Food was good, diving was very good, the vibe was even better.
Restaurant was very reasonably priced. Most of the staff was very good to excellent, however there were a few that I would have preferred not to have met.
Carlos, Isabel, Andros, Hill and Orlando were all top notch.
One thing that i think would improve the place would be an additional activity-like perhaps a ping pong table or a couple of dart boards--some kind of relaxing activity for after the sun goes down.
Overall very good to excellent especially if you are not expecting a whitewashed Mexican all inclusive type of resort. I will certainly try to return with my boys in the near future.
Thanks Carlos for facilitating a great relaxing holiday.

Room tip: Any room would be awesome, but the higher the number the better.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed May 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed here, in February on our honeymoon. You couldn't ask for a better location, after seeing what San Pedro had to offer in comparison. With the beach at your doorstep the ability of being able to snorkel and kayak, this more than makes up for the lack of nightlife and food options. The meals served were of a high standard. We stayed for a week and the variety was spot on, however a few more breakfast options would have been good..Yes it is far from other resorts and town, but this is what we found appealing. The staff were very friendly and they all make you feel so welcome. This is no 5 star resort, some of the rooms could do with some attention, but nothing major, just a leaking toilet and a faulty shower tap. They were very well cleaned.The tours organised were great and the right price, blue hole is little far but well worth it. Shark ray alley is a must see. Highly recommend, thanks once again tripadvisor.

Date of stay: February 2012