All reviewstackle boxsan pedrohol chan and shark ray alleyfishmexico rocksdive masterdive shopbudget roombarrier reefbaby oilboat trafficnurse sharksaquarium restaurantremote locationminute boat ridesea grassgreat snorkeling
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Low key to say the least, but just what we were looking for. Everything you want they set up for you; Diving, Snorkeling, Fishing...and it's usually just you and the captain. The diving was exceptional and they have the best beach on Ambergris too, white sand for a few miles north of the property. It's a long boat ride (we never actually went back to town) and there are only about 10 cabanas, so it's a small resort and you get to know your neighbors. The cabanas are rustic, but nice, just don't expect a flat screen. The restaurant's TV was down too, but it was easy to forget about that thanks to the location. The service was off the charts, from the dive master to the bartenders (Hill is the man), everyone was eager to make our vacation awesome. The restaurant on site was really the only one around, but the food was beyond great. The whole trip was perfect. There's no pool, but you can make up for that by drinking at the bar, jumping off the dock, showering off in the outdoor shower, then drinking again at the bar. This is why you come to Belize.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SnowmassOnTheRiver
Reviewed June 19, 2012

This place is total chill. If you can't lose your tension here, you might be too far gone. Great place to lay in a hamock and read or just gaze out into the water from your front porch. First let me say that is not for the Ritz or Four Seasons crowd. The accommodations are nothing great and need to be updated. The furniture in the main room is damp and the best way to access the safe is by standing on a stool (unless you're over 6 feet tall). Yet I slept like a baby, give it a 5 and would go back in a heartbeat. Ah, this was very special. My wife said it felt like summer camp. Friendly neighbors (shout outs to Zach and Lynn), friendly staff, and nothing or everything to do. The water at some spots is waist high around 50-100 yards out and is great for snorkeling. You can kayak, tether your boat and hop in. Happy hour is a good deal and the food is decent enough. Let them know if you are gluten free, they worked well with my wife. After dinner hang outside the bar and watch the spotlight shine down from the deck onto the fish.....no spoiler alert here...but we saw some amazing things....thank God they didn't have a TV in the room. Don't be shocked if you see a local 13 year old towhead kid fishing from that deck.....he made 2 of the most amazing catches I've ever seen....shades of Huck Fin meet the Crocodile Hunter . Head in the direction of the Turtleman's shack for a great run or a long walk with someone you love. We spent 4 nights there and tasted a bit of paradise.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Traderjoey
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Where do I begin? This place is a perfect piece of paradise!

There was a total of 23 of us who came to Tranquility Bay Resort for my wedding, most staying for 5 days each. None of us left dissapointed with our venue selection. It was secluded (VERY SECLUDED) and perfect in every way for a romantic and intimate celebration! No noise, no hustle and bustle of the city, just PURE relaxation.

The staff here REALLY make this resort unique. When we checked out to move to the mainland of Belize, we all kept wishing we could take Albert, Hill, and Andre (AWESOME WAIT STAFF and BARTENDERS!) with us. "Sometimes you wanna go, where everybody knows your name..." THEY HAD US DOWN! And always made sure we were having a good time. I cannot say enough kind things about them. We even boogied down with them at the wedding reception!

Isabelle handled EVERYTHING for our wedding - Hiring a florist, a last minute (suprise!!) band, the cake baker, and even a last minute tent rental (due to unpredicatble weather). Her attention to detail was flawless, right down to the last flower petal. She is amazing! She even became "bridezilla" so that I wouldn't have to be! She planned a perfect wedding! She worked with our budget and in the end we were not given ANY suprise wedding costs. She knows what she's doing!

The food was great! Many props to the kitchen staff. TRY the stuffed pork tenderloin! ITS THE BEST! And breakfast is even better. A plethora of fresh made menu selections (no yogurt and bagels here! Made to order french toast, fruits, breakfast burritos, etc.) and fresh HAND squeezed orange, pineapple, and papaya juices every morning! We drank so much orange juice they ran out of oranges our last morning there! And for that I apologize ;-)

I cannot say enough about the amazing location of this resort. Its located on the northern tip of Ambergris Caye, and you don't have to worry about too much boat traffic passing through when you are out snorkeling or scuba diving. Its wonderfully private!

We will return one day for sure! Maybe with kids in the future! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! We enjoyed every last second we had there. And hope that it will continue to prosper and be successful, so that others may get to enjoy this untouched paradise too!

Room Tip: The Prime Ministers cabana is worth every last penny! Its air conditioned throughout, not just in the bedrooms. And is considerably more spacious if you plan on using the couch bed for additional guests, when compared to the other cabanas. And I saw ALL of them!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Emily H
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Owners were friendly and quick to help. Cabanas were nice and so was the restaurant. The BIG attraction here is

1. The general atmosphere of total relaxation.
2. The snorkeling off the beach

You are so far away from everything and the scenery is just stunning. It was so nice for my kids to be able to snorkel without having to take a boat!

It is quite a ride to get back to San Pedro so don't stay here if you want nightlife or variety. But to get away from it all and just relax this is the place. We would definitely come here again and we rarely say that since we like to try new places.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2012

My family and I recently returned from a 3 week trip to Belize, which started with 5 nights at TB. I was immediately impressed when our flight was delayed into Belize City and when I contacted TB they had already rescheduled our connecting flight and made all of the arrangements. We have 2 young daughters and everyone was so welcoming and they felt completely at home (a special thank-you to Andre for being so great every day!!). The snorkeling from the beach was fantastic and hol chan was the best trip we did in Belize. We enjoyed the food, especially the fish tacos, and found the prices reasonable given the location. We were sad to leave, it couldn't have been a better start to our trip and we would definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family