“Fabulous week in the sun!”
Casita outside
ocean right in front
Outside, driveway
our beach
perfect swimming conditions
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
funsmith1
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fabulous week in the sun!”
Reviewed April 20, 2012 for a stay in April 2012

This place is very special. Impeccably maintained. The best beach and privatte snorkeling reef right out front. Better than the luxury hotels. Wolfgang, the owner, points out the best local restaurants and gives a private tour on the first day. Very helpful. Felt very safe and secure at this wonderful place! We'll be back.

Reviewed March 27, 2012 for a stay in March 2012

TX
Reviewed November 3, 2011 for a stay in October 2011
people found this review helpful

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
DCNemesis
Los Angeles, California
“Unforgettable, Affordable, Best Vacation EVER!”
Reviewed September 12, 2011 for a stay in April 2010

Casita Buena Vista was the perfect place to stay in San Pedro, Belize.

The home itself is located just a couple of minutes outside of the town center, which made it quiet and secluded.

The home is beautiful, clean, comfortable, and very private. We had everything that we needed, and in case we needed anything else, Wolfgang and his staff were always available.

The private beach is gorgeous, with all of the water toys that you can think of at your disposal. The private dock was very convenient for our water activities. Each day we got picked up and dropped off for our snorkeling, diving, and fishing trips just feet from our front door! We enjoyed walking along the beach and viewing all of the beautiful homes that dot the coast line.

Wolfgang was the best host that we could have hoped for. He picked us up at the airport and gave us a brief tour of the island, stopping to show us the best places for food and entertainment. His staff kept the property clean and comfortable, and even prepared coconuts and other goodies for us to enjoy!

Every aspect of this trip was a dream come true. I would recommend it to ANYONE without hesitation.

Thank you, Wolfgang, for being such a great host! We can't wait to return!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Beautiful property and amazing service.
Liked least: Having to leave.
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Oklahoma
Reviewed July 28, 2011 for a stay in July 2011

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
galsmiley...
Sparta, New Jersey
“Magical, Memorable, Magnificent Belize Vacation!”
Reviewed May 22, 2011 for a stay in May 2011
people found this review helpful

I spent a week at the lovely Casita Buena Vista (May 14-21, 2011).

Upon arrival via taxi from the ferry, Eldon, the caretaker, Merta, the housekeeper, and Wolfgang, the host, greeted me. Also involved in the greetings were Wolfgang's affectionate and friendly dogs: Affie and Cookie! After a quick tour of the grounds and Casita, and some time to refresh while my golf cart was delivered, Wolfgang took me on a comprehensive tour of town, pointing out favorite shops and eateries, taking me inside a few for samples, and explaining the general layout of the island. This tour provided a wealth of information and was much appreciated! Back at the Casita, Merta handed me a bunch of bananas just picked from the tree right on the property!

The Casita is very spacious, comfortable, and well appointed. Eldon and Merta are delightful. Never a morning went by without Eldon's friendly greeting and inquiry as to my nights rest. The bed is comfortable, the water pressure excellent. There are two nice televisions that I barely watched, as my time in the casita was spent corresponding with friends and family back home thanks to a very reliable wifi connection (bring your laptop!). I befriended the people renting out the first floor of the main house, which looked lovely, indeed. We all enjoyed various tours with Suya Tours, just three properties down (I'll be reviewing them as well). I had some ants in the kitchen, but it was my own fault for leaving food out. No problems with mosquitoes, or other biting insects. Be sure to bring a good quality bug lotion (I used Ultrathon).

As a solo female traveler, I felt very relaxed and comfortable on this property, and in this neighborhood. Wolfgang and his staff have a wonderful way of making you feel right at home, like old friends visiting for week. Cookie became my surrogate pet, and accompanied me on many beach walks and golf cart rides into town when I picked up groceries. I would highly recommend a golf cart; it's a fun and reasonably priced way to get around town. Use Carts Belize, they're awesome.

And while the Belize Barrier Reef is the star of the show, the snorkeling out in front of the property is quite pleasant, too! And the fishing off the dock just steps away was wonderful. I caught 5 snappers one morning, which made for a tasty dinner that night!

When visiting, be sure to visit Lazy Croc BBQ, Maria's stand for the best pineapples, juices and banana bread, Mr. Joe's, Suya Tours, Mannelly's Ice Cream (get the coconut!), Rum, Cigar & Coffee house (great coffee!), Wine and Vine for imported cheese and meats, and I know I'm missing a million other things. But most of all, give Cookie and Effie a scratch behind the ears, and my best regards to Wolfgang and his staff. I hope to return again someday.

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 35-49
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Frekki994
Reno, Nevada
“Best Vacation Ever!”
Reviewed May 16, 2011 for a stay in May 2011
person found this review helpful

We stayed at the Casita Buena Vista from April 28 through May 7 and experienced the best vacation we've ever had. Our stay at Wolfgang's casita was beyond our expectations! I'm a little surprised by the comments of the guests from Sunnyvale that stayed there in December. Have they ever heard of a product called "Off". And if you kept the kitchen counters wiped down and clean and the window by the kitchen closed, the ants weren't a big problem. And seriously? They thought it was a hard bed? Firm, yes, but hard 'no'. I guess they have never stayed at any of the resorts or hotels in Mexico... We slept very comfortably every night. I guess if you're used to a plush, 5-star resort, this isn't the place for you. But if you like privacy and comfort on the most beautiful island in the world, this is the perfect place to stay.

As other guests have stated, Wolfgang and his staff, Eldon & Merta, were all fantastic and made us feel very welcome. Everyday they checked with us to make sure we had everything we needed and that we were enjoying our stay. Their attention to our needs was very unexpected and very much appreciated! I can't leave out Wolfgangs dogs either! Cookie was the sweetest dog I've ever met. Made us feel so welcome. He would hang out with us when we were just relaxing on the beach.

As everyone else has said, Wolfgang's golf cart tour was priceless. On Wolfgang's suggestion, we used the Suya Tours to book a snorkeling tour and two diving tours. Their dock was just a short 3 minutes walk down the beach. They were great and we'll definitely use them again when we go back. We ate breakfast three times at Estels on the Beach (great Belizean breakfast, smoothies & bloody marys). We ate twice at the Wild Mango (very good!), twice at Lazy Crocs (awesome barbeque), Calientes, Hidden Treasure. We honestly didn't have a bad meal anywhere! If you enjoy cigars, good rum & good coffee, definitely visit Rum, Cigar & Coffee House in downtown San Pedro. (You can sample the rums...) My husband enjoyed their Cuban cigars the whole time we were there. Their fresh roasted coffee was awesome as well as their rum specialities.

We will be visting Wolfgang and his great staff again next year. We hope to bring friends and stay in the Casa Buena Vista which is at the main house on the beach.

Thanks Wolfgang, Eldon, Merta and the critters (mosquitoes and all) for the best vacation ever!

Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Tourists
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing