All reviews fly fishing great fishing fishing lodge grand slam family style fishing director casting lessons salt water guided fishing other guests recommend el fly shop fishing stories visited el lodge rooms bone fish the main lodge
Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

My family stayed at the hotel to do fishing. The food was terrific along with the service of the food was great. The bar and the service of the drinks were awesome. The villa my family stayed in was very roomy and luxuries. It showed a great view of the water. The fishing was great. The staff was very attentive and very friendly. It was a great stay.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2018 via mobile

Our first time to El Pescador. The 7 day visit exceeded our expectations on all levels. The accommodations, expert guided fishing, food and most important the genuine friendliness of the staff. If you want a real Belizean experience on the sea book a trip.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jim P
Reviewed February 26, 2018

We stayed for a week at El Pescador with friends, total party of 6. We loved the place! Staff is very attentive and polite. We ate at the property restaurant and in San Pedro restaurants, we loved food everywhere! We enjoyed sunshine, drinks at the pool and clean water in the pools;) I do recommend this place to anyone( with kids and without), we will be back soon!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 23, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I just returned from our 3rd trip together to El Pescador. Again we had a fantastic time. While I was off fishing my wife had a good time at the lodge even though she couldn’t get out to activity’s by herself (she is handicapped).

The food was good the other guests were fun and the staff is great!

I will be going back.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2018

My sister treated me to a wonderful saltwater fly fishing experience. I had a momentous birthday (60) and I'd always wanted to go to Belize for fly fishing. We were delighted with every aspect of our stay at El Pescador, just north of San Pedro on Ambergris Caye. My sister is not a fly fisher (or fisher, for that matter) and she STILL had a great time. The amenities at El Pescador are superb. Rooms are very comfortable and the swimming pool and bar are relaxing gathering spots after an intense day of fishing. The meals, served family style, were delicious. (The picnic in the boat was plentiful and yummy- I was so busy fishing, the guide had to encourage me to stop for lunch). We met the very nicest folks: other guests, staff and management, alike. I fished with an excellent guide, Jeo, for two days. He was quite skilled at putting me in the position to catch fish. We waded, stalked and caught bonefish and also blind-casted in channels and caught them, too. He and Isa (fishing director) really helped me with casting. Jeo answered every flora/fauna/historical/cultural question I asked. He found permit and I missed them. I am happy to say that I have been practicing since I've been home and I will be a better caster when I return thanks to his help and hints. Ken, the GM, truly has the well being of his staff at heart. He really seems genuine in his intent to provide his guests a quality experience.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family