Dearest staff at Matachica:
You have captivated my heart with your genuine warmth and excellent service. You exceeded my expectations from the moment I arrived at the dock of your resort. Thank you for your unparralleled hospitality. I will remember you always.
Note to traveler:
Matachica is the hidden jewel of Belize with it's white sand beaches, turquoise waters, and swaying palm trees located on a secluded beachfront facing the second largest barrier reef. I reserved a sea breaze suite and loved the pomegranite casita assigned to me. The food was amazing! I don't even eat fish but it's all I ate at the Mambo restaurant located at the resort. In fact, a group of 20 people from France arrived at Mambo just to have their wedding reception dinner while I was there. One of our friends left the resort to have dinner at Portofino's one night, and they came back to Mambo for dinner after appetizers at the other restaurant. The other restaurants do not compare to the high quality and distinctive menu at Mambo on Matachica. Escape the ordinary and head to Matachica resort & spa. You will not regret a visit to this serene and natural resort with it's relaxed attitude and barefoot luxury. I never felt compelled to leave the resort and only left for my tour of the Mayan ruins at Lamanai (by plane and a boat ride down the New River). Thank you Matachica.
~ Ms. Patricia and Mr. David
P.S. Do remember to bring plenty of sunscreen and insect repellent. It's a must if you visit the cayes or the Mayan ruins.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matachica Resort & Spa is an extraordinary, secluded and peaceful resort that sits on the beach facing the Caribbean Sea and the second largest barrier reef on the planet earth. The resort has 27 single unit casitas, each air conditioned with private porch. All rooms except SeaView Cabanas have one king sized bed, SeaView Cabanas have two queens. We also have one two-bedroomm 2-bathroom SeaBreeze Villa. All with beautiful Frette and Matouk linens, and exquisite decor. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, small gym, sea kayaks, snorkel gear, pedal boats, paddle boards, bicycles, complimentary internet access. A minimum age requirement of 14 years for children applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Matachica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matachica Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Matachica Beach San Pedro
- Matachica Resort & Spa Belize/San Pedro