We recently celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary at Matachica. Burga was awesome in taking our reservation and following up with arranging our Tropic Air flight to San Pedro, even making sure we had a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a nice bottle of chardonnay to celebrate our anniversary. Once we arrived at the San Pedro airport, we were immediately met by Chris with a golf cart to load up our bags and take us to the dock for a quick boat ride to Matachica. We were greeted with Margaritas and met some of the amazing staff. Then we were shown to our beachfront casita, Papaya. The casita was beyond our expectations, right on the beach, beautiful sunrises every morning and hurricane shutters letting the light breeze blow through night and day. Enjoy the comfy bed with linens and towels that are better than home. Even the soaps and shampoo were top of the line. A week didn't seem like enough time, even though we took advantage of almost all of the amenities, sea kayaks, snorkeling on the reef, lounging on the beach and dock baskets, a beautiful and quiet pool. The staff was incredible; always friendly and available taking care of our every need. Thank you Matthew, Adam, Archie, Edwin and the rest. We highly recommend taking advantage of some of the many guided activities, we reef fished for snapper with great success and snorkeled at Mexico Rocks with Charlie and snorkeled again at Hol Chan with Henry. How often to you get to swim with nurse sharks, Moray eels, sting rays and hundreds of variety of reef fish? The kitchen staff turned our freshly caught snapper into amazing fish tacos within the hour. Delicious! The staff makes whatever activity you desire effortless, taking care of all the details. Or just hang out on the property and take walks up and down the beautiful white sand beach. The Mamba Restaurant was outstanding for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks in between. Matachica is paradise, perfect for relaxing and leaving the real world behind. We also recommend renting a golf cart and touring the island. It's just a short drive into San Pedro a quaint town with several outstanding restaurants, Caliente, on the beach, Elvi's kitchen, and El Fogon. What a sad day it was when the time came to leave our new friends at Matachica, but we are already plotting our next visit. Maybe a few days at Gaia, the sister resort in the mountains, before heading to the beach and reef. I could go on and on, but you get the idea. Matachica is the perfect paradise for a quiet relaxing trip. It's what a vacation is supposed to be. Thanks to everyone at Matachica for making our trip so wonderful and memorable.
Steve and Amy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matachica Resort & Spa is an extraordinary, secluded and peaceful resort that sits on the beach facing the Caribbean Sea and the second largest barrier reef on the planet earth. The resort has 27 single unit casitas, each air conditioned with private porch. All rooms except SeaView Cabanas have one king sized bed, SeaView Cabanas have two queens. We also have one two-bedroomm 2-bathroom SeaBreeze Villa. All with beautiful Frette and Matouk linens, and exquisite decor. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, small gym, sea kayaks, snorkel gear, pedal boats, paddle boards, bicycles, complimentary internet access. A minimum age requirement of 14 years for children applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca and getaroom.com so you can book your Matachica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matachica Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Matachica Beach San Pedro
- Matachica Resort & Spa Belize/San Pedro